• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Quiet Exhaust Question

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
svtslowcar said:
Im looking for a performance cat-back and O/R pipe that is the most quiet, and hopefully not alot of money too. i already have borla stingers and a Dr. Gas O/R pipe, but its too frekin loud and the drone is starting to get on my nerves. so any ideas ir opinions appreciated. Thanks :)

Borla 14858 - quiet, but you won't save money. You should be able to get a pretty good buck selling the stingers though.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
svtslowcar said:
Im looking for a performance cat-back and O/R pipe that is the most quiet, and hopefully not alot of money too. i already have borla stingers and a Dr. Gas O/R pipe, but its too frekin loud and the drone is starting to get on my nerves. so any ideas ir opinions appreciated. Thanks :)
If you really want quiet, a catted midpipe would be a good place to start. You might even be able to keep the Stingers on.

Sep 17, 2005
thanks for the responses guys. ok, my only concern if i got ot a catted x or h-pipe, is will i lose any HP. i want to be able to get as much out of the midpipe and catback combo as possible. but if its only like 5 hp difference then ill switch to some hi-flow catted midpipe. thanks again.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
svtslowcar said:
thanks for the responses guys. ok, my only concern if i got ot a catted x or h-pipe, is will i lose any HP. i want to be able to get as much out of the midpipe and catback combo as possible. but if its only like 5 hp difference then ill switch to some hi-flow catted midpipe. thanks again.

When I damaged one of my converters a month or so ago, I had my straight pipes in there for a few weeks. I took it to the track twice during that period and didn't go any faster with the straight pipes than I did with the cats in place. My 10 or so fastest passes have all been with the catalytic converters in place, so I doubt they're costing me much, if any, rwhp.

My $0.02.

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
ChicagoMike said:
It's the off road pipe. It will be quieter with the Stingers + cats. I have the 14858 and it's still loud, just better around town, but still drones on the highway but not as bad as no cats (I tried it!).

^^^^ agreed. All he'd need to do is get some of those mini high flow cats off ebay and have em welded in. This is the cheapest/most quiet/high flow option.

getsomebeyatch

Regular
May 28, 2006
svtslowcar said:
You could stop crying like a woman and realize that your car sounds amazing and not change anything on it .

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
svtslowcar said:
Either go with catted x pipe, or get an FR500 exhaust. Theyre around $550 from. They come with an x crossover after the mufflers.http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=4953 This is the quietest aftermarket exhaust u can get.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
gnxs said:
When I damaged one of my converters a month or so ago, I had my straight pipes in there for a few weeks. I took it to the track twice during that period and didn't go any faster with the straight pipes than I did with the cats in place. My 10 or so fastest passes have all been with the catalytic converters in place, so I doubt they're costing me much, if any, rwhp.

My $0.02.
Yea I experienced the same thing. Did some reading, it appears that the car due 2 the blower is a backpressure freak. I actually got pretty much the same #'s w my stock facorry H pipe. So I now figure Im not after HP anymore its TORQUE baby TORQUE.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
FuelSlut said:
Either go with catted x pipe, or get an FR500 exhaust. Theyre around $550 from. They come with an x crossover after the mufflers.http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=4953 This is the quietest aftermarket exhaust u can get.

That's what I've got and it's pretty quiet, but still makes good numbers on the dyno. Since it's a multi-mode valved design, it helps maintain low end torque while giving you good power on the top end once the valves open.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info