• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03 cobra vert handling help?

mktbull

May 7, 2006
03 convertible w/whipple, i need to improve my handling of this car, and it will make it feels solid, i already have MM full lenght subframe connectors, but it's not enough, do they make a tower brace for the front that will work with whipple?. i want to keep this car for a long time and it's getting looses and looser with age, when it hits a small bump the frame whobbles, please help with any recommendations. thx. cage is not an option...

mktbull

May 7, 2006
svtcobra2k1 said:
cant do anything for the car unless you cage it, I recommend a 12 point cage at the least..........jk. Put a roll bar in there and you should be dandy.

lol,

that light bar is a good idea, i dont know if thats gonna do any good? I was looking al over net for the front tower brace but I can't find anything that is ok for kb or a whipple applications.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
mktbull said:
lol,

that light bar is a good idea, i dont know if thats gonna do any good? I was looking al over net for the front tower brace but I can't find anything that is ok for kb or a whipple applications.

not a light bar, a roll bar as in a 6 point with hoop, cross bar, door bars, and trunk bars

Something like this, only welded in:
rollcagecage1.jpg

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
strut brace will not help, i have full kb subframes, "rollbar", rear shocktower brace...and it is still like driving a coleman camper...the only way to improve the stability is a full welded cage, and then...its still a vert..if you want a solid driver without the cage sell the vert and buy a coupe..

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
SLASH said:
strut brace will not help, i have full kb subframes, "rollbar", rear shocktower brace...and it is still like driving a coleman camper...the only way to improve the stability is a full welded cage, and then...its still a vert..if you want a solid driver without the cage sell the vert and buy a coupe..

I have the MM strut tower brace, rear tower brace, Kenny Brown full Matrix subframe setup, and rollbar on my vert. Of those I'd have to say the biggest change I noticed was with the front stut tower brace. It did not stop the body from twisting, but it did make the entire front end act like one solid unit. Cornering is amazing. :headbang:

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
Dewalt03cobra said:
Of those I'd have to say the biggest change I noticed was with the front stut tower brace. It did not stop the body from twisting, but it did make the entire front end act like one solid unit. Cornering is amazing. :headbang:

Agreed. The vert will not be as solid as a coupe with equal mods but the front strut tower brace will get rid of all that front end shake you get over RR X'ings and pot holes. He just need to find one that fits over a whipple.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info