• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tuning issue details

StangPwr

Slobra
Oct 26, 2006
In a previous thread i had talked about the tuning problems i was having with my 03 cobra. I decided to post some specifics hoping one of you may have an answer for my troubles, so here goes. Car went in with x pipe, catback, intake, inlet pipe, big oval throttle body ported blower, 2.93 upper, 4 lb lower, and i had an SCT Ba2400 and an SCT SF tuner i was looking to play with but the ba2400 was not on the car yet. first pull on the dyno the car made 455 hp and 501 lb torque. the dyno operator said my factory maf was pegged at around 4,000 rpms and the car wasnt making any more power after 5,000 because of it. We install the ba2400 and adjust the tune accordingly. Start the car up and the car wont even run, when tuned for the 2400 the car will not even idle and dies the second any throttle is given. It will run on stock tune with the 2400 installed but runs dangerously lean even when fuel is added. Is my MAF screwed up? Is my tuner unit screwed up? Or is the dyno operator a screw up? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
sounds like your tuner is not too familiar with SCT.. whenever you change MAF's, you essentially need to start over from scratch... the 03/04 cobras rescale the entire fuel curve.. if you dont start over, itll rescale with the new maf on top of the old maf and make the car not tunable.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
StangPwr said:
Mike - The Tuner does have the ba2400 as an option and it was selected.

Bob - the car was on a stock tune when the new MAF option was selected, other than stock how do you start over?

there is a particular order that things need to be loaded into a program.. if you dont do it in this particular order, the car wont run correctly.. have him start over from scratch..

if he cant get it done, i can do it in an hr up by me like i talked about to you last week.

thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info