• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

oil breather

superman

COME & SEE
May 9, 2006
hey guys instead of oil cap i have a breather and had the car out to a show got on it and when i got car home it was dripping oil out of breather .... so i took it off until i get a normal oil cap but my ? is why would breather be in place of oil cap doesnt it go on passenger side by intake??? always wondered this and iam assuming the pressure is causing it to drip out any info would be greatly appreicated....

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
some people think that pcv is somehow bad for performance (it is not) so they put breathers on the valve cover to solve a non-problem they perceive they have.

if the fact that blow-by contains droplets of engine oil bothers you, many people have put together some sort of oil catch can inline of the pcv system, but their pcv system is still hooked up.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
some people think that pcv is somehow bad for performance (it is not) so they put breathers on the valve cover to solve a non-problem they perceive they have.

if the fact that blow-by contains droplets of engine oil bothers you, many people have put together some sort of oil catch can inline of the pcv system, but their pcv system is still hooked up.

More info in you input on PCV, I have a breather but never really thought about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info