• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ok terminator trans gurus...I need help.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Well to make a long story short, I bought my terminator a few months ago and its been hell with the trans issues. First it was the good ole difficult to shift issue that was remedied with a TSB that the dealer found. Next was third gear vibrating bad while it was in gear. Then it was a chattering comming from under the shifter with the clutch in or out in any gear or out of gear. The dealer thought it was the TOB making the noise and they replaced the TOB and it made the clutch feel a million times better but a few days later the chatter is back. Its pretty intermittin when it does it. I cant seem to find a pattern. It will just start this metal to metal chattering comming from the shifter area at will and pushing the clutch in or out will not stop it. I cant seem to figure out what it is, and neither can the dealer. Any options. Otherwise, this thing will be out of warranty in march 07 and I would rather trade out of it now before the trans blows up out of coverage. Please help. So far 4 dealers have told me they cant find anything wrong with it and refuse to crack open the trans to prove it to me. I could give a shit if ford will pay them or not. Its happening, and my wife heard it the other day and said what the fuck is that. NOT NORMAL!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
It sound like eaither a bad TOB tube again or a bad TOB it self. I wouldn't take shit from no dealer, turst me ive been done the road. I would take it to sutton ford, im sure they will fix the problem. Don't take no for a asnwer you buy a new fucking car for $30 grand with warranty and the trans is all screwed up! HELL NO I would be on the phone bitching ford out like no other!

Kevin

vryslow01gt

Regular
Apr 23, 2006
Tell'em you either want the problem fixed or u would like to return ur car. U paid a shitload of money for the car ask them what would they do if they were in your shoes, try talking to a manager. If that dont work bitch'em out, tell them that you want them to check the trans, and have them give u paper stating that there r no problems with the trans, then take it to a certified shop let them drive the car, or take'em for a ride. I would get a list of problems from that shop, and call ford.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I am going back to the last dealer that changed out the TOB last week, and I will not leave until I am able to take the tech out in it and let him hear the noise. I dont care if it takes an hour. I did however take the service manager out in it when I dropped it off, but he said that the tech would have to hear it too, and ofcourse he couldnt reproduce it. I almost got it on video tonight, but i couldnt get the camera on fast enough before it stopped. I am so ready to trade this cobra in for something else.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I called the service manager at Buss ford today, whom happens to be one of the nicest guys out there, and he said he was going to call the ford hotline and see what else they can do. Maybe a new trans is in order>? Have to wait until tomorrow to see. Buss did the TOB for me without being able to reproduce the issue by the way...super nice to deal with over there.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Bob just called me back, and said the hotline people told him to order me a new presure plate? He said that if their were any abnormalities with the fingers on it to replace it. Bob also told me that the tech saw some abnormalities with it but didnt think anything of it. And, the presure plate is on national backorder so who knows when it will come in. Bob Buss over there at buss ford has been a HUGE help, and if you have any ligitimate claims about your modded car they should be able to take care of you. I offered to put my stock shifter back on the car, and they told me not to worry about it. Super nice over there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info