• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

fuel pressure PSI

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Have you ever power washed your engine?

If so, check all Vacum lines and fittings.

Check plugs for excessive wear or fouling signs and regap or replace.

Clean your MAF sensor. Special tool needed to remove it. Parts store for a few bucks.

Run Fuel injector cleaner.

You may have just got bad gas one day. It happens :mad:

When you first start your car.. take it around the block (to warm it up a bit)and then jump on it (mash down) and see if it Bogs. If it SPUTTERS It could be Fuel or Spark. Drive it a bit more and jump on it again. If it doesnt sputter again its not plugs imo. Plugs wont clean themselves and will continue to deliver bad spark warm or cold.

You should be able to get a reading on fuel pressure but the pump may be just starting to crap out. Pumps are funny, sometimes they work perfect and then they can act up(failure) and go back to working right again with correct pressure. Test it though!

Even clogs in a CATS can cause your car to BOG , Sputter or completey shut down.There can be so many things that can cause it.

Its not sensor related IMO. Fuel or spark or Vacum leak would be my guess.

Oh yea, 5th gear doing 10MPH will cause your car to stumble too :D

Good luck :biggthump

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
Yes, I have power washed the engine....problem was before.

I plan on pulling the plugs this weekend, then test the pressure.

If that is not good enough, it will be going on the dyno in a couple of weeks, maybe then i could figure something out.

And yes, 5th gear at 10 mph will bog....freakin verts! Look at the sky, it so pretty. :biggthump

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Your ABS sensor might just need cleaning. Check em out and clean em.

I had that porblem and cleaning it fixed it :D

I also had to replace one sensor cuz If forgot to resecure it back down after I did my springs and it got a small fray and caused the light to go on also.

Even with the covers over the plug wires/packs water will still run twords the back of the engine cuz it leans that way and get inside of the covers and enter where the "plug harness" goes in at the rear. Its a very shitty seal and once you get the cover off put a dab of sealer there so it dont get back it. Check the last two rear plugs first for water damage.

Why you going to dyno your car? You want to :crying: I did when fist took mine in a few years back :crying: 99 cobras didnt produce what ford claimed they did. BASTARDS short changed us!!! :argue:

Where are you going for the pull /tune?

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
99 Stangbanger said:
Your ABS sensor might just need cleaning. Check em out and clean em.

I had that porblem and cleaning it fixed it :D

I also had to replace one sensor cuz If forgot to resecure it back down after I did my springs and it got a small fray and caused the light to go on also.

Even with the covers over the plug wires/packs water will still run twords the back of the engine cuz it leans that way and get inside of the covers and enter where the "plug harness" goes in at the rear. Its a very shitty seal and once you get the cover off put a dab of sealer there so it dont get back it. Check the last two rear plugs first for water damage.

Why you going to dyno your car? You want to :crying: I did when fist took mine in a few years back :crying: 99 cobras didnt produce what ford claimed they did. BASTARDS short changed us!!! :argue:

Where are you going for the pull /tune?

D.I.D. Racing in Crest Hill...New sponsor on the site putting on a dyno day.

As far as the dyno goes, it would be a good baseline for starting to add anything. Not to mention I would love to compare it to my buddies LT1 Impalla. Or at least hope to have bragging rights! He put down 282 RWHP

Yeah that last cylinder on the pass side sucks! Thanks for the advise on the seal.

As far as cleaning the ABS sensors, I know where the fronts are, where are the rears located? I know there is a ABS ring on the halfshaft..and what looks to be sensors on the outside of the diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info