• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Suspension Help

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Hey yall, need some suspension help here. I already talked to EVLSVT about this since he has everything on his car, but he also spent a LOT more than i am willing to

Here is what im thinking of getting for this summer. (If you cant tell im moving my way to the red pill)

MM Full Length Subframes
MM IRS subframe Bushings
MM Differential mounts
Billetflow IRS Brace
Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Questions i have...
-What H & R springs are similar to the pro kit? i dont want to go too low, and i can add new isos if i need them
-Should i get Caster/Camber plates?
-Would Stock 03 coupe springs make me sit lower?
-shocks/struts...save for later? or pony up for the springs/shocks kit (here)?

What do you think i should do? Trying to keep this under $1000 if possible Maybe $1500-$

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Rotzs99 said:
Hey yall, need some suspension help here. I already talked to EVLSVT about this since he has everything on his car, but he also spent a LOT more than i am willing to

Here is what im thinking of getting for this summer. (If you cant tell im moving my way to the red pill)

MM Full Length Subframes
MM IRS subframe Bushings
MM Differential mounts
Billetflow IRS Brace
Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Questions i have...
-What H & R springs are similar to the pro kit? i dont want to go too low, and i can add new isos if i need them
-Should i get Caster/Camber plates?
-Would Stock 03 coupe springs make me sit lower?
-shocks/struts...save for later? or pony up for the springs/shocks kit (here)?

What do you think i should do? Trying to keep this under $1000 if possible Maybe $1500-$

subframe connectors are the shit, 2nd best sus mod before tires of coruse! cc plates are a must when lower ANY car. ebiach are crap IMO, h&r race is way better with all ISO, if 03 cobra springs where so great then why did I chuck mine in the trash?, springs and struts are the best together, diff brace is great from what ive heard (even tho i don't have one :dunno: ), all of the irs bushings are last on the list if it was my project. my last mustang had like 7k into sus work....so I learned everything the hard way!

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Kevin and chris, you guys both have race springs with no isos right? How much more will isos give me back?

03 coupe springs are supposed to be a LOT better than vert springs.

And finally, so build up the suspension before doing the IRS stuff?
Springs/shocks/struts/subframes/cc? Then brace/bushings/and mounts?

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Rotzs99 said:
Kevin and chris, you guys both have race springs with no isos right? How much more will isos give me back?

I never had the Isolators in so I can't help you with that.

J.D. ur over thinking the car WAY to much. Get ur damn short throw shifter, gears and a bassani o/r X. That's gonna be the max to that car. If you want a faster car with less money you should have bought a different car.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
CobraChris08 said:
I never had the Isolators in so I can't help you with that.

J.D. ur over thinking the car WAY to much. Get ur damn short throw shifter, gears and a bassani o/r X. That's gonna be the max to that car. If you want a faster car with less money you should have bought a different car.

Stop hating on the 99s, there are a lot of fast ones out there and mine will be too. Im going to mod this car a lot before i get a terminator. Im not looking to make it a terminator beater. And im sorry i dont make as much money as you, im just trying to buy the best first and maximize the fun factor with what little cash i have. Nothing wrong with doing a little research.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Rotzs99 said:
Stop hating on the 99s, there are a lot of fast ones out there and mine will be too. Im going to mod this car a lot before i get a terminator. Im not looking to make it a terminator beater. And im sorry i dont make as much money as you, im just trying to buy the best first and maximize the fun factor with what little cash i have. Nothing wrong with doing a little research.

:rolleyes:
Well......Good luck keeping up with my GTO.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Rotzs99 said:

each iso will give you "about" a 1/2 and there is 2 per spring so, it will be low but not too low but handle great. im not sure about the vert and hardtop springs differences?????

yep I would do springs and strurts with cc then subframe connectors. then after that get into the irs stuff. The reason being is that springs/struts/cc/SFC helps the entire car not just the rear plus the drop is nice :D , the rear irs bushings help a little but is not as effective as everything else, plus they are a bitch to install. springs and strurts tighten up the car a ton and subframes are like adding 10% to ur spring rates. plus I think/thought ur car is a vert? which handles like crap to begin with so all of the chasis stiffen will help the most. If you need a hand with in instill im a fucking wiz with sus. work (it's my fav. :D ) any more Q's shot a pm over this way

Kevin

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
RD SNAKE said:
each iso will give you "about" a 1/2 and there is 2 per spring so, it will be low but not too low but handle great. im not sure about the vert and hardtop springs differences?????

yep I would do springs and strurts with cc then subframe connectors. then after that get into the irs stuff. The reason being is that springs/struts/cc/SFC helps the entire car not just the rear plus the drop is nice :D , the rear irs bushings help a little but is not as effective as everything else, plus they are a bitch to install. springs and strurts tighten up the car a ton and subframes are like adding 10% to ur spring rates. plus I think/thought ur car is a vert? which handles like crap to begin with so all of the chasis stiffen will help the most. If you need a hand with in instill im a fucking wiz with sus. work (it's my fav. :D ) any more Q's shot a pm over this way

Kevin

Sounds great Kevin. Yeah, the terminator vert i drove had subframes and i deffinately noticed there were not as many creeks/groans in the car as my vert. So im looking at 1200 +/- 200. Not bad.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Rotzs99 said:
Sounds great Kevin. Yeah, the terminator vert i drove had subframes and i deffinately noticed there were not as many creeks/groans in the car as my vert. So im looking at 1200 +/- 200. Not bad.

that $1200 will NOT go unnoticed, this I promise, I love sus work ! I almost like it more then engine mods :dunno: I remember my last mustang, the one with all of the sus work, man I swear to you every 1 that rode in that car shit them self how good it stuck to the road.

Kevin

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
Hey J.D. do you have the 03/04 IRS crossmember yet? 99 and 01 Cobra's did not come with it. I bought one from Vince and when I jacked up my car I saw that I already had one installed. Maximum Motorsports sells it for $100 I bought it from Vince for $50 Ill sell it to you for $50. It makes your IRS alot stiffer and helps on wheel hop.

Mike

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
TaintedSnake01 said:
Hey J.D. do you have the 03/04 IRS crossmember yet? 99 and 01 Cobra's did not come with it. I bought one from Vince and when I jacked up my car I saw that I already had one installed. Maximum Motorsports sells it for $100 I bought it from Vince for $50 Ill sell it to you for $50. It makes your IRS alot stiffer and helps on wheel hop.

Mike

Might have to hit you up on that.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999...6QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33582QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Save about 45-50 buck if you get them here. I bought mine from Summit for 250.00 plus shipping. Also I dont have CC plates and my car didnt even need a alingment.

As far as some people thinking Eibach's suck :argue: Its a opinion and they are like assholes, EVERYONE HAS ONE!

My car rides excellent and I dont have any sag or leaning after two years like some cheap ass knock offs will do. Eibach is a spring company and they dont make garbage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info