• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

96 mystic ticking

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
One of my buddys just picked up a 96 mystic with 66k for $7,500. Only problem is there is a tick. The tick only happens at around 2,000 rpm no were else. doesn't matter if it's hot or cold whatever. It sounds like it is coming from bank 1 or the front cover, those damn noises travel everywhere?? I was wondering if there was any common problems like this with the 4v non s/c cobra motors?

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
See above ... or on a easier side.
I know mine makes noise towrds the end of an oil cycle, when the oil seems to be on the low side. Noise tells me it's time for an oil change - usually goes right away. Always use Mobil 1 and change once a year, unless I hit the track a few times or put a lot of miles on her....

Hope it is nothing major!
Where did he pick the Mystic up from?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info