• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Focus people, got some questions for you

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Alright, Im debating picking up a SVTF as a daily driver so I can actually make it places in the winter without using the GFs pickup. Just a couple questions for you

1. What kind of gas mileage do you see? Ive heard that a tune makes a huge difference with these cars, is that true? Ive heard of Highway mileage numbers anywhere from 24-37mpg

2. How do they drive in the snow? Im looking at using this car for trips into the mountains every weekend, so Im already sold on snow tires, but how has it fared in your experiences?

3. Can 4 people fit comfortably in the car? (question for the hatch guys only I guess)

4. Any issues to watch for?

Thanks Guys!

SICNESS

Opulence...I has it...
May 3, 2006
hj16 said:
Alright, Im debating picking up a SVTF as a daily driver so I can actually make it places in the winter without using the GFs pickup. Just a couple questions for you

1. What kind of gas mileage do you see? Ive heard that a tune makes a huge difference with these cars, is that true? Ive heard of Highway mileage numbers anywhere from 24-37mpg

2. How do they drive in the snow? Im looking at using this car for trips into the mountains every weekend, so Im already sold on snow tires, but how has it fared in your experiences?

3. Can 4 people fit comfortably in the car? (question for the hatch guys only I guess)

4. Any issues to watch for?

Thanks Guys!

1 - As far as I remember...stock ones were marginally worse than regular ZX3/ZX5...as far as the tunes, I dunno.

2 - They are fine in the snow...in Chicago, lol...as far as the mountains go (steep inclines) I dunno (lol...I'm helping alot...I know).

3 - Four Oompa Loompas yes...four avg size peeps, not for long trips ( but they can suck it up for the short ones).

4 - Not that I know of (Mystic544???)...but I'd suggest finding one with the European App. pkg.

Note: They are fun as hell to drive!

FirstPlaceOils

FirstPlaceOils.com
Nov 20, 2004
I get 30 ish mpg w/ spirited driving

snow tires, + svt focus = will go like a hummer
(try 2 find one w/ winter package)(heated seats,mirrors,traction control, and a block heater) if not snow tires will be fine..
4 people I guess 2 6 ft peeps in front 2 5'7 or 5'8 people in back would be ideal
the car has known quirks but if its used,(since there not making them any more,) most of em are prolly fixed under warr.
besides the 03 and 04 have 100,000 mile warr.
any thing else?

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
SHADYNINJA said:
snow tires, + svt focus = will go like a hummer
besides the 03 and 04 have 100,000 mile warr.
any thing else?
Really? That good in the snow? If so I might just have to pony up for one. Right now i'm debating between a nice DD (SVTF) and a DD beater (85 BMW 535i)

I heard the 100K warranty isnt transferable....not true?

Yes, who is the best tuner out there for these things?

svtfoci

Regular
Feb 1, 2006
Their really good cars in general. I really wouldnt know how they are in the snow per my car is garaged in the winter. As for gas miliage it all depends on how you drive it. The lowest ive see is 24 and the highest is 37 on the high way. For the comfyness... im 6'5 and i drive it every day during the summer... road trips(2 weeks ago made a 400mile road trip no problems at all). The cars do respond to a tune well... plus these cars are pretty cheap to mod. Hope this helps!

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
svtfoci said:
Their really good cars in general. I really wouldnt know how they are in the snow per my car is garaged in the winter. As for gas miliage it all depends on how you drive it. The lowest ive see is 24 and the highest is 37 on the high way. For the comfyness... im 6'5 and i drive it every day during the summer... road trips(2 weeks ago made a 400mile road trip no problems at all). The cars do respond to a tune well... plus these cars are pretty cheap to mod. Hope this helps!
Wow, thats good news about the gas mileage! Id shit myself if I could get 30-35mpg going to the mountains and back...it'd split my fuel costs in two.

I forgot to ask earlier, how much hatch/trunk space is there? General idea of cubis feet would be nice, but no biggie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info