• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Thinking about more wheels..sell 16" Bogarts for 15" M/T's..worth it?

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Just wondering about some opinions on this matter. I am thinking about pawning my trusty Bogart Bolted R/T's and Hoosier slicks to switch to an "all out" track setup. I have been eyeing up the new M/T ET Drag wheels for a bit. They are awfully mean looking.

For the front, there are 4 choices on Summits website
-Wheel, Ultralight ET Drag, Aluminum, Polished,15 x 3.5 in.,5 x 4.5/ 4.75
in. Bolt Circle,1.75 in.Backspace

-Wheel, Ultralight ET Drag, Aluminum, Polished,15 x 3.5 in.,5 x 4.5/ 4.75
in. Bolt Circle,2.25 in.Backspace

-Wheel, Ultralight ET Drag, Aluminum, Polished, 15 x 3.50 in., Strange
Spindle Mount, 1.75 in. Backspace,

-Wheel, Ultralight ET Drag, Aluminum, Polished,15 x 3.50 in.,
Anglia-Style Spindle Mount
,1.75 in. Backspace

What BS do I need and what is spindle mount vs anglia-style spindle mount?

With that said, I can probably get it done by spending no less than a few hundred bucks as I can probably get some good cash for the Bogies and slicks.

I think with these 15" wheels, and some 28" MT Stiff Sidewall slicks, the car could basically hook on an icerink, and thats what I want.

To run 15" wheels with my Cobra rear brakes, all I need is some GT brackets and rotors right??

Anybody diggin these wheels as much as me? And would it be worth it simply to have a better selection of slicks @ my disposal..........because there's gonna be a lotta ponies on board next year :headbang:

Jason

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Their is a huge section on slicks and skinnies on modFords. I looked at all 6 pages, wow their is a TON of info on their, pictures and all! I heard rims cracking/breaking in half with bogarts, it kind of makes me wonder when people pull a mad ass wheelie, hit the ground and the wheel splits in four peices....ummm yea I would say sell the bogarts plus i heard the price is a arm and a leg for a set, just my 2 cents!

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
10th03cobra said:
I'll buy your rear bogarts if they fit an IRS...

I'll let you know Jeffy, they do fit the IRS perfectly, thats what I ordered them for originally, 16 x 10 with 6.5" BS :D

They have the 28" Hoosier slicks on them, with lotsa life left in em since I've broken like the last 3 times I've been to the track, they hook :headbang:

-REK
(rear end killa)

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
firstsvt said:
I'll let you know Jeffy, they do fit the IRS perfectly, thats what I ordered them for originally, 16 x 10 with 6.5" BS :D

They have the 28" Hoosier slicks on them, with lotsa life left in em since I've broken like the last 3 times I've been to the track, they hook :headbang:

-REK
(rear end killa)

Thanks honey :biggthump That is what I am looking for. :headbang:

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
03CobraBoy said:
What would you be asking for the Bogarts when and if you decide to sell them?

I will definitely be looking to sell them in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned. The car is in the shop and I may try to get to the track one last time in the next week or two. I will stay in touch. Probably looking for $1000-$1200 for them depending on what tires, if any, that I would sell with the setup. I've got well over $2K in these between wheels/tires. The fronts are a little over $300 apice and the rears are almost $500 apiece :eek:

Jason

B

Boost12

I would for sure get a 15 inch wheel for the back. All I did with mine is put a set of rear breaks off a 2000 GT and the wheels fit like a dream :biggthump And I also like those MT wheels alot!! My buddy has them on his camero and they are for sure sick looking!!!! :headbang:

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Boost12 said:
I would for sure get a 15 inch wheel for the back. All I did with mine is put a set of rear breaks off a 2000 GT and the wheels fit like a dream :biggthump And I also like those MT wheels alot!! My buddy has them on his camero and they are for sure sick looking!!!! :headbang:

Yeah, I saw em on SBE's car and I was like WTF are those!!! I gotta have em :headbang:

I think all I need is the brake caliper brackets, rotors, and possibly calipers.......

watch your back door next year.....

:joke: i should get a plate that says "boost 11" or something........just tryin to keep up :lmao:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info