• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Which fuel to run? 17-19psi

mktbull

May 7, 2006
I got a whipple pushing 17psi, 4lb lower and stock upper. it shows a lot more on the gauge in this cold weather (above 20). I usualy buy gas at golf+washington CLARK 100 octane 1/3 mix with 93. i still think that i should run more like 50/50 or even 75/25 100/93. what do you guys think. this thing screams in this weather i just dont want to blow anything up? thx

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Hank is on the right track. I put in 33%-50% 100 octane in this weather with my current pulley setup.

Who did your tune? If it's done properly, your tune should account for variations in boost of a few psi. My RWTD tune has a consistent A/F whether I'm running 17 psi or 20 psi.

It sounds like you're providing enough octane for your combo (depending on how much timing you're running). Maybe some of our "tuner" sponsors will chime in.

mktbull

May 7, 2006
It was tuned by Streight Line Performance, I have two tunes programed, one is conserv. timming. second more agresive that i use during warm weather..

gnxs said:
Hank is on the right track. I put in 33%-50% 100 octane in this weather with my current pulley setup.

Who did your tune? If it's done properly, your tune should account for variations in boost of a few psi. My RWTD tune has a consistent A/F whether I'm running 17 psi or 20 psi.

It sounds like you're providing enough octane for your combo (depending on how much timing you're running). Maybe some of our "tuner" sponsors will chime in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info