• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

General Question- TOB

SVL77

Quiet Member
May 4, 2004
I have searched and read plenty of valuable information on the TOB issue that many of us are having. I recently started hearing the chirp with 30K on the clock, out of warranty. The car is a daily driver and the chirp is annoying but bearable...so is it safe for me to just live with it until it's time to replace the clutch? (Clutch is not showing any signs of wear so it may be a while.) Should I just shell out the $$ to do the clutch and TOB now?

Thanks- Scott

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I assume you still have the stock quadrant?
If this is correct, then replacing it with an aftermarket piece and installing a firewall adjuster and adjusting it correctly after you install them wll probably allow the TOB to live a little longer.
Is it making noise all the time or just when you depress the pedal? Or does it stop when you depress the pedal?

If you already have the quadrant and adjuster, then adjusting the freeplay more precisely will help the TOB last a little longer. Keep the TOB off of the PP fingers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SVL77
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list