• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My MAF is pegged and I have a new one but....

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
...I want to know if I need (or maybe should buy) anything else before I have the car tuned with it? I don't know if it's worth just installing a SCT Big Air MAF and nothing else and getting it tuned. Do you have any suggestions? I'm not in a hurry but I want to save as much as cash as possible buy getting a number of things one in one shot. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I'm not sure. The car falls flat on it's face, it kinda feels like the FRPS is blown out, but it's a new one. It has to be the MAF that's pegged. I just want the car to drive better and allow me to hammer on it without hesitaion. I am asking if there is anything I need other than the MAF? Maybe there is something that I don't need, but would be a good idea to get since I'll be re-tuning the car anyway?

-Mike

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
ChicagoMike said:
Does datalogging prove the MAF is pegged? If you're just assuming, then it's probably not pegged. Takes over 500rwhp to do that.

Try cleaning your maf sensor with some MAF cleaner.

It does not always take over 500 hp to peg the MAF.

But cleaning the MAF is not a bad idea.

SonicBlur said:
I'm not sure. The car falls flat on it's face, it kinda feels like the FRPS is blown out, but it's a new one. It has to be the MAF that's pegged. I just want the car to drive better and allow me to hammer on it without hesitaion. I am asking if there is anything I need other than the MAF? Maybe there is something that I don't need, but would be a good idea to get since I'll be re-tuning the car anyway?

-Mike

Falling flat on it face is not a symptom I would associate with a pegged MAF.

Lets get some datalogs on the car before you go spending any money.

Larry and I can give ya a hand with that I am sure.

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
SonicBlur said:

-Mike

/subscribing
I'm having the same problem w/my01GT and Novi2K combo but my L-maff is brand spanking new and not even close to being pegged. I've also got a new FRPS in the rail but when I hammer it in 3rd gear it just seems like its flooding itself with fuel and the car will barely keep an even speed (pedal on the floor). THe last tuner I used said it was probably my fuel pump failing and the car going lean. I don't agree about the lean part cuz I would have lost some piston on my last wot run but w/out a data log of the actual problem I'm SOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info