• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I wanna lower my car....who can do the work and do I need an alignment after?

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
I REALLY want to lower my car on H&R Race Spring, but some places say I do need an alignment...some don't....some places say $200 + price of springs...and I've been quoted $600 in labor :eek: I want a place that can do it on a Saturday morning and I can get it back by Saturday night! AND....I'm EXTREMELY anal about my wheels...they are perfect...I know some alignment machines have a tendancey to scratch wheels.... :dunno:

So...where should I go? (ps, I live in Arlington Heights)

yeayea0

Dec 30, 2005
If you have any ability w/ tools...do it yourself. I did mine with two of my buddies in about 5 hours (about an hour for lunch too)...as far as an alignment goes I would say def do it or ATLEAST some CC plates

just my .02

p.s. i live in AH too :headbang: you don't workout at X-sport do you? i see a white 03 there from time to time...when im not at school that is

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
yeayea0 said:
If you have any ability w/ tools...do it yourself. I did mine with two of my buddies in about 5 hours (about an hour for lunch too)...as far as an alignment goes I would say def do it or ATLEAST some CC plates

just my .02

p.s. i live in AH too :headbang: you don't workout at X-sport do you? i see a white 03 there from time to time...when im not at school that is

I do work out at X-Sport!
The white coupe is T-Factor...I have a white vert with a tan top and Y2K Cobr Rs.

As for the work...I'd rather pay someone rather then get half way through doing the work then realize I don't have the right tools, or I did something wrong!

yeayea0

Dec 30, 2005
i don't know that i've looked that close to know the difference...i've got a blue 01 w/ y2k's...dunno if you've seen it

but with where to get it done...maybe Speed Inc.? I looked around for awhile before I finally put my own in since the LOWEST I found was $500 to put them in...if you don't mind the price there is a shop in AH that does just suspension work (mostly on exotics) i'll try to dig up the name of it i do remember they weren't cheap

01Cobra3379

Jax is the man
May 16, 2006
yeayea0 said:
I looked around for awhile before I finally put my own in since the LOWEST I found was $500 to put them in...

is that for real? wow, i looked around when i was getting my wrangler lifted, and it was like 2-300 bucks to do shocks, springs, pitman arm and lowering the T-case, $500 seems crazy to switch out some springs... i would say do it with some buddies and a 30 rack of Busch light... its a pretty simple job

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info