• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
If it's not one thing it's another. My car officialy hates me. First, mutiple powersteering issues, then fuel delivery issues, tuning it enough to drive around, and now this. It all started on friday, i heard a noise that didn't sound like a bottom end problem. So, I used a steathascope (sp?) to find out where the noise was loudest. And I did. It was in the passanger side valve cover. And so, I pulled the valve cover off, and what did i find? Let's take a look:

busted.jpg

both, yes, both bolts for the passanger side cam chain tensioner sheared off. Luckily the heads of the bolts didn't go anywhere, and after inspecting them it's a clean break. They weren't cross threaded, and i can bet my life they weren't over torqued. IDK why they broke but I will try to find out and solve this problem.

busted3.jpg

The fun part is going to be getting the broken pieces out w/o taking all the stuff off the front of my motor. As you can see, i have a little more than the average mustang. My game plan at this time is to carefully remove the forward cam cap from one cam at a time, i.e. take the forward one off of the intake cam off but leave all others attached. Then, i'm going to slide the tensioner up enough to hopefully get the bolt out. Then reinstall the cam cap and repeat on the other side. Wish me luck, it's gonna be a long night.

busted2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info