• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Removing Engine, HELP!

1997SVTcobra

GET BORED
Jul 28, 2006
Ok so i know this has probablly been posted a million times but i cant find it...

So im pulling my 1997 Cobra Engine, After getting everything disconnected My girlfriends dad and I noticed that there is no where to directly hook the Picker up to....

so i guess my question is... How does it come out??

do i have to remove the manifold and bolt something in to pull do i HAVE to go out the bottom?? what do i do?

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
put a grad 8 bolt in the back of the head and in one of the holes for the water pump. obviously go through the chain link. Holds good for me. Also make sure the chains are diagonal from each other as much as you can. When we yanked the motor on someone's exlporer, as crazy as this sounds, we used ropes looped under the exaust manifolds in 4 points.

Bullitt-1469-

Regular
Jun 11, 2005
it can come out either way, if you have a lift definatly take it out the bottem, if you dont remove the whole intake manifold and attach the leveler to the intake bolts(2 front 2 back), a leveler is a must for this, then it comes right out, maybe with a few small scratch from the trans on the firewall

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info