• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The time has come.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
To order My Kenne Bell 2.6 :headbang:

Before I go ahead and pull the trigger. What do I need. I'm a little undecided on what pulley Combo to run. Any info :dunno: I'd like to be right around 600RWHP for now due to stock internals.

I'll just put out a list

JLT True CAI
GT Fuel Pumps
60lb Injectors
Stock Cobra TB
SCT 2800 Maf

What size belt do I need? Anything else I 4got?

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
CobraChris08 said:
To order My Kenne Bell 2.6 :headbang:

Before I go ahead and pull the trigger. What do I need. I'm a little undecided on what pulley Combo to run. Any info :dunno: I'd like to be right around 600RWHP for now due to stock internals.

I'll just put out a list

JLT True CAI
GT Fuel Pumps
60lb Injectors
Stock Cobra TB

What size belt do I need? Anything else I 4got?

If you are gonna run the GT pumps, I would get the Zone-5 modified FPDM also.

Do you have a stock MAF? If so, you will also need an SCT 2400/2800 or MAF extender of some kind.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
CobraChris08 said:
O ok sounds good.

any idea on which is better. KB Boost a Pump or that guy?

They aren't really comparable, since they serve different functions.

IMO, whether you go the bigger pump (GT pumps) route or the smaller pumps with a voltage booster (stock pumps with BAP) or both you should consider the modified FPDM.

More-so with the larger pumps, since they draw more current.

Tons of info at Modfords about this.... try searching over there.

B

Boost12

CobraChris08 said:
Ooops. I knew I was 4getting something. I'll be going with the 2800. What is a Zone 5 FPDM? :dunno:
I would go with the 2400 MAF unless you plan to make over 650whp because it seems to have alot better idle and partial throttle response than the 2800 does. They will both work great but the 2400 is better for a street car in my opinion :biggthump Good luck with the new setup

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Boost12 said:
I would go with the 2400 MAF unless you plan to make over 650whp because it seems to have alot better idle and partial throttle response than the 2800 does. They will both work great but the 2400 is better for a street car in my opinion :biggthump Good luck with the new setup

Thanks 4 the input. I plan on keepin it around 600 RWHP till I build the bottom of the motor. Which might be next winter.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Boost12 said:
Nice Nice.. A 600 + whp street car is insane!!! Trust me :D And for sure go with the SCT 2400 MAF then

Funny thing is the Set of BFG DR's I got right now are beyond toast so those should be fun till I get some new ones. I've been tryin to pick up a cheap set of 17" rims to throw some type of M/T slick on but haven't gotten anything yet. Any other suggestions?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Wiked03 said:
They aren't really comparable, since they serve different functions.

IMO, whether you go the bigger pump (GT pumps) route or the smaller pumps with a voltage booster (stock pumps with BAP) or both you should consider the modified FPDM.

More-so with the larger pumps, since they draw more current.

Tons of info at Modfords about this.... try searching over there.

+1

The modified FPDM will be MANDATORY for running dual GT pumps. You can either send your FPDM to Zone5 and have it upgraded to handle the additional amperage that will be going through it ($100) or get a whole new FPDM from them for $200. You could also run dual stock FPDM's wired in parrellel and each running to its own pump. I would suggest the Zone 5 modded FPDM to keep it simple.

Like Boost 12 said also. Go with the BA2400 MAS. At 600rwhp there is no need for the BA2800. I ran the BA2800 initially on my Kenne Bell setup and it didn't have the greatest resolution in the lower rpms. I bought a BA2400 to run until I complete my stage 3 of mods that will bring the truck past 700rwhp. Only then will I dig my BA2800 back out, pop it in and retune for it. The 2400 will do what you need it to do and also give you more bottom end resolution for better driveability.

Dual Ford GT pumps will flow 871 lph worth of fuel @ 40psi so don't even bother with running a KB BAP as one GT pump alllllmost is even with dual Cobra pumps in terms of flow capacity. You won't need it at all for your fuel needs.

Good luck on the KB 2.6! :headbang: Build that bottom end, replace the tranny and shoot for 800rwhp!

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
rocket5979 said:
+1

The modified FPDM will be MANDATORY for running dual GT pumps. You can either send your FPDM to Zone5 and have it upgraded to handle the additional amperage that will be going through it ($100) or get a whole new FPDM from them for $200. You could also run dual stock FPDM's wired in parrellel and each running to its own pump. I would suggest the Zone 5 modded FPDM to keep it simple.

Like Boost 12 said also. Go with the BA2400 MAS. At 600rwhp there is no need for the BA2800. I ran the BA2800 initially on my Kenne Bell setup and it didn't have the greatest resolution in the lower rpms. I bought a BA2400 to run until I complete my stage 3 of mods that will bring the truck past 700rwhp. Only then will I dig my BA2800 back out, pop it in and retune for it. The 2400 will do what you need it to do and also give you more bottom end resolution for better driveability.

Dual Ford GT pumps will flow 871 lph worth of fuel so don't even bother with running a KB BAP. You won't need it at all for your fuel needs.

Good luck on the KB 2.6! :headbang: Build that bottom end, replace the tranny and shoot for 800rwhp!

Thank you for the info. Looks like I'll be getting the Zone 5 FPDM. And now it looks like I have to spend more money than i thought. I hope nothing else pops up anywhere.

Long term plans are Cams, Lt's Built bottom and and crank the boost as high as possible :headbang: but for right now tone it down a little. I hope I don't blow the motor. I'm just going off what the 600 RWHP guys have on the stock bottom end that haven't broken anything yet. I know It's on borrow time and a gamble but god I want the power!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info