• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

8.8" UCA carnage, pics inside

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
After seeing, I believe Jackers post about busting the same UCA's that I have I decided to take a closer look at my CHE double adjustable UCA's. Sure enough, when I first peeked in there, the damn metal and delrin bushing had "ovaled" itself out :crying: The bushing and surrounding metal was now in the shape of an egg Upon closer inspection, there are cracks in the welds that hold the bushings in place and the arms to the car :eek: There was some lube on the outside of the UCA and that aint supposed to be there....

No wonder there was so much damn noise coming from the back of the car, pop, tink, bing, bang, wonder if that gap in the upper mount had to do with that?? :rolleyes:

I replaced these with UPR chromoly adj uppers with spherical bushings on the axle and heim joint (rod ends) on the body side

Yes, I have TQ box reinforcements and the boxes are welded......thats probably all that kept the rear in one piece and the TQ boxes in the car

Gonna call up CHE and see if they will give me a break on one of their axle braces since I already got some new UCA's

Whaddya think??

SVT SPEED 04

TCG Elite Member
Jun 9, 2004
yes...good thing you checked it out.

some people let things go and then kick themselves in the ass later for not checking a noise. I am always checking things and sometimes drive myself crazy since i really never find anything wrong....just very cautious I guess.

hope to see you out this weekend

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I have seen welding issues and oblong bushings before on cars that leave hard. Price of the game. Rod ends were a wise decision there. Plan on me lining up with you at Byron again. I plan on being a lot closer in ET this time. :D Maybe we will both get new bests again. haha

Carl, I love Steeda's stuff. I have been installing them for years and have yet to see a issue. And yes I do check them and the mounting nuts and bolts all the time. I am like Larry in that way. I always do a once over on the car before and after a track day. Not a bad habit I guess.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
kinda bored, so I emailed CHE the pics and explained, and I had this response in like 30 minutes:

"Jason,

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to our attention. Quite honestly, I am astonished at this damage, and will do everything we can to accommodate you for this.

In order to remedy this situation, I would really appreciate any info that you can give me regarding your car's setup. What kind of horsepower are you putting out, are you running drag radials on the dragstrip, what kind/brand of lower control arms are you running? Any other info will be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you can still find it, can you please forward me a link for the forum post where you saw the other damage?

If you can send those uppers back to us so that we can make a close inspection here, I will be more than happy to send you out an axle brace at no charge to you. We stand behind our products 100% and this is the first that we have ever had failure reported and I want to make sure that this problem is remedied.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and I apologize for any inconveniences,

Chuck
www.cheperformance.com "

What awesome customer service in an industry that typically lacks it. This is indeed a good company.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
how can he be astonished at the damage? theres no way it can NOT do that. its designed into the chassis. either the upper arms WILL break or the torque boxes WILL be ripped out. the lower arms are not parallel to eachother.

firstsvt said:
kinda bored, so I emailed CHE the pics and explained, and I had this response in like 30 minutes:

"Jason,

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to our attention. Quite honestly, I am astonished at this damage, and will do everything we can to accommodate you for this.

In order to remedy this situation, I would really appreciate any info that you can give me regarding your car's setup. What kind of horsepower are you putting out, are you running drag radials on the dragstrip, what kind/brand of lower control arms are you running? Any other info will be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you can still find it, can you please forward me a link for the forum post where you saw the other damage?

If you can send those uppers back to us so that we can make a close inspection here, I will be more than happy to send you out an axle brace at no charge to you. We stand behind our products 100% and this is the first that we have ever had failure reported and I want to make sure that this problem is remedied.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and I apologize for any inconveniences,

Chuck
www.cheperformance.com "

What awesome customer service in an industry that typically lacks it. This is indeed a good company.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info