• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Gauge installation help

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Dana said:
Why would you bother with a narrowband A/F meter?
They don't provide any useful information.

+1

The only reason I see to ever use narrowband is if you are tuning the vehicle and switch to narrowband configuration to maximize resolution for an arrow straight A/F. Even then it is still hard to be practical with it. As for doing a narrowband on your vehicle for the A/F gauge, I dont see the practicality of it.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Redman said:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

Get this and you can someday convert your narrow band into a wide band. These are cheap too.

It won't give you specific air fuel ratio, but it will definetly let you know if you are running safe or not.

Actually the LC-1 will give you specific A/F. They are known to be very accurate when hooked up to an SCT Xcal2 to datalog all other important tuning perameters with. LC1 + Xcal2 + SCT PRP = Great tuning package.

Redman

Bad a$$ 2V
May 10, 2005
rocket5979 said:
Actually the LC-1 will give you specific A/F. They are known to be very accurate when hooked up to an SCT Xcal2 to datalog all other important tuning perameters with. LC1 + Xcal2 + SCT PRP = Great tuning package.

I tuned my focus this way. I interfaced the lc1 with My xcal2 for a digital displayed air fuel ratio on my lap top.

After it was tuned I did however attach the lc1 to my narrow band autometer. It has programmable outputs for this function. You can buy a digital gauge for it as well but it's easier to look at a narrow band then a digital air fuel display while driving.

All it's doing is providing an easy reading that you are running safe.

cliffs03

May 16, 2006
Redman said:
I tuned my focus this way. I interfaced the lc1 with My xcal2 for a digital displayed air fuel ratio on my lap top.

After it was tuned I did however attach the lc1 to my narrow band autometer. It has programmable outputs for this function. You can buy a digital gauge for it as well but it's easier to look at a narrow band then a digital air fuel display while driving.

All it's doing is providing an easy reading that you are running safe.
Thanks for the info, very helpful. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info