• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

4.10 Terminators...Whos got'em?

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
I have a 4.10 on my 99, with almost every bolt on possible, and some other engine mods.

I love them at the track. Cruising is about 80mph at 3,000 rpm in 5th.

Doing 80 i can downshift to 3rd and it puts me at like 5500 rpm good for roll racing, those pesky SRT-4s!!

Deffinately worth the money!

Mike

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
4.10s are good if you can hook. I loved them before I added the ported blower and 2.76. Now, they are still fun but it can be hard to get traction on street tires. It's easy to spin the tires in 2nd or sometimes 3rd without even flooring the car. Impresses people but wastes tires and doesn't get the car moving.

Drag radials help.

4.10s are a fun street gear as long as you don't mind overpowering the tires frequently.

02RedL

To much gear like Cliff said, unless your runnin a sticky tire on the street! Good for puttin on shows spinnin the tires in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but meanwhile that C6 thats underated in power compared to you thinks hes beatin the snot outta ya! :D

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Flyn high again said:
4.10s are good if you can hook. I loved them before I added the ported blower and 2.76. Now, they are still fun but it can be hard to get traction on street tires. It's easy to spin the tires in 2nd or sometimes 3rd without even flooring the car. Impresses people but wastes tires and doesn't get the car moving.

Drag radials help.

4.10s are a fun street gear as long as you don't mind overpowering the tires frequently.

i have minimal wheel hop and hook okay, ask jeff when we were at victor...i have dr's though..i really like the 410's or at least im used to them by now..

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Flyn high again said:

Drag radials help.

Why before the blower? Is it the extra power? I plan on doing the blower port and running a 315 MT DR on the street when they come out.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Stangfreak91 said:
Why before the blower? Is it the extra power? I plan on doing the blower port and running a 315 MT DR on the street when they come out.

Before the ported blower and 2.76, I could hook well on drag radials in first gear. The car would just go. Now it overpowers the drag radials and/or street tires if I floor it in first. I have 2.75 M/Ts [when I 'm not using my street tires] so the 315s may help you some.

The best part about the 4.10s is when you floor the car in third and it feels like second or fourth and it feels like third. You can surprise some powerful cars on the street. 4.10s also make starting out in first easier on the car during normal driving. The torque multiplication gets the car moving move smoothly.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Flyn high again said:
Before the ported blower and 2.76, I could hook well on drag radials in first gear. The car would just go. Now it overpowers the drag radials and/or street tires if I floor it in first. I have 2.75 M/Ts [when I 'm not using my street tires] so the 315s may help you some.

The best part about the 4.10s is when you floor the car in third and it feels like second or fourth and it feels like third. You can surprise some powerful cars on the street. 4.10s also make starting out in first easier on the car during normal driving. The torque multiplication gets the car moving move smoothly.

it is harder to get into "kill" gear (3rd) on the highway though, that is for sure...

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
With 4:10's you get to live in an entirely different RPM band. The car sounds awesome all the time. I just love to listen to it now. I have stock headers, a Mac Off Road Pro-Chamber with a FRP 500 Cat Back and it sounds so much better now.

It's true it eats street tires, but a Mchelan 315 on a 10" wheel with a little dicipline will enable a severe crushing to just about EVERYTHING out there.

Drag radials are definately needed for Saturday night street fights.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Flyn high again said:

Thanks for the input.... based on what you and slash have said I've got to have 'em

Btw. I'm Randy and you are?

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Since 1964 said:
With 4:10's you get to live in an entirely different RPM band. The car sounds awesome all the time. I just love to listen to it now. I have stock headers, a Mac Off Road Pro-Chamber with a FRP 500 Cat Back and it sounds so much better now.

It's true it eats street tires, but a Mchelan 315 on a 10" wheel with a little dicipline will enable a severe crushing to just about EVERYTHING out there.

Drag radials are definately needed for Saturday night street fights.

As much as I don't drive the car. I'll run the MT DR 315's on a 10 inch wheel .

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
CobraSusie said:
Had 4:10's in the 1999 Cobra, going to wait on this car (the 2004)
I think I want to go solid rear axle, so we'll see what we end up doing :cool:

I really like the IRS. If I ever thought about changing it, I would have saved my self a ton of coin and just bought a Mach 1. By any means not knocking those that have done it or will do it! (rock on with your bad self :headbang: )

I think with the correct IRS setup, modifications and proper driving the IRS will hold 525 RWHP with the factory shafts

Remember to throw this thread in my face when I bust a shaft!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Stangfreak91 said:
I really like the IRS. If I ever thought about changing it, I would have saved my self a ton of coin and just bought a Mach 1. By any means not knocking those that have done it or will do it! (rock on with your bad self :headbang: )

MUCH cheaper to put a solid in a Cobra than it is to put forged internals & a blower on a Mach 1.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Stangfreak91 said:
As much as I don't drive the car. I'll run the MT DR 315's on a 10 inch wheel .

Just one more thing. Driving around on Drag Radials really SUCKS in my book.
The great handling charactaristics of this SVT are gone with Drag Radials and you feel like your back tires are DRUNK, unless of course you are hammering it in a straight line.

I don't have proof, just an opinion from another owner who has a whipple and he said the Michelan Pilot Sport 2's on an 18 X 10" wheel were good enough to use all the power he needed so long as he didn't slam it in first or second, but as long as brought the power on gradually he could keep it hooked up. I hope it's true. I wouldn't want to drag race it that way since you need the "whole shot" but at least you won't have to live with a couple of "DRUNKS" following you down the road.

Yes I have a strange way of putting things sometimes, but I hope you get the picture. Both BFG & MT said DO NOT "live" with our tires, drive to the track and home period.

I won't know until next spring when I try the bigger tires.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Stangfreak91 said:
Thanks for the input.... based on what you and slash have said I've got to have 'em

Btw. I'm Randy and you are?

I'm Cliff, Randy. One of the old guys of the group. 44. Married, 3 kids. Mid life crisis in progress. :D

Dennis, you are right about street driving on drag radials. It especially becomes an adventure if it starts raining. That's why I usually leave the street tires on unless it's sunny and I want to play. My M/Ts didn't hold up well to street driving. Less than 1,000 miles and the tread is completely gone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info