• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My 2006 Performance Goals Achieved

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Me and Jason (firstsvt) were at Byron with the Chicagoland Mustang guys Saturday and I was finally able to achieve the last of the three performance goals I set for myself before the season. I cut and paste my post from the CMC site:

I had a good time today with everybody. Great weather and no major breakage although personally I struggled with a belt-slip (low psi) issue early in the day.

There were almost 400 cars there and things were really hectic most of the day, but as usual the guys that left early missed being able to basically hot lap for the last 60-90 minutes when most people had left. Even though I cool down at least 15 minutes between runs, I got 12 passes in yesterday. Not to mention the fact that the air got MUCH better after about 5PM. I was consistently 1-2 mph faster on every run after 5PM. I saw one of the SRT-4 guys go 11.81 late in the day too.

I set 3 performance (4 total) goals for myself this year and achived the last one yesterday (with big thanks to CAP42 for helping on the last one).

130 mph trap - did that way back in April/May in good air
10 second ET - did that a few weeks ago at MSC
1.5x 60 ft. - Got a 1.59 and 1.58 yesterday after CAP laid some nice rubber down in front of me on his runs
Have the motor survive the season - So far so good.

In fact I almost pulled off all three on the same pass yesterday when I went 11.002 @ 128 (1.59 60 ft.). I'm sure it's possible. I just need good air and I need to make sure Chris (CAP) is going to be at the track that day.
003.gif

Jason also ran a new best Saturday (10.85 I believe) and his car will go faster still. :eek: :biggthump

For the remainder of the year I'd like to see if I could beat the quickest ET I ran in my GN (10.82), but that might prove to be difficult without perfect conditions/driving. Maybe I could fly Evan Smith out to make a few passes in my car. :dunno:

I must say the Cobra has been good to me this year, with well over 125 quarter mile passes and 20,000+ miles since January (68,000 overall). I'm looking forward to next year with it. :headbang:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
gnxs said:
Me and Jason (firstsvt) were at Byron with the Chicagoland Mustang guys Saturday and I was finally able to achieve the last of the three performance goals I set for myself before the season. I cut and paste my post from the CMC site:

I had a good time today with everybody. Great weather and no major breakage although personally I struggled with a belt-slip (low psi) issue early in the day.

There were almost 400 cars there and things were really hectic most of the day, but as usual the guys that left early missed being able to basically hot lap for the last 60-90 minutes when most people had left. Even though I cool down at least 15 minutes between runs, I got 12 passes in yesterday. Not to mention the fact that the air got MUCH better after about 5PM. I was consistently 1-2 mph faster on every run after 5PM. I saw one of the SRT-4 guys go 11.81 late in the day too.

I set 3 performance (4 total) goals for myself this year and achived the last one yesterday (with big thanks to CAP42 for helping on the last one).

130 mph trap - did that way back in April/May in good air
10 second ET - did that a few weeks ago at MSC
1.5x 60 ft. - Got a 1.59 and 1.58 yesterday after CAP laid some nice rubber down in front of me on his runs
Have the motor survive the season - So far so good.

In fact I almost pulled off all three on the same pass yesterday when I went 11.002 @ 128 (1.59 60 ft.). I'm sure it's possible. I just need good air and I need to make sure Chris (CAP) is going to be at the track that day.
003.gif

Jason also ran a new best Saturday (10.85 I believe) and his car will go faster still. :eek: :biggthump

For the remainder of the year I'd like to see if I could beat the quickest ET I ran in my GN (10.82), but that might prove to be difficult without perfect conditions/driving. Maybe I could fly Evan Smith out to make a few passes in my car. :dunno:

I must say the Cobra has been good to me this year, with well over 125 quarter mile passes and 20,000+ miles since January (68,000 overall). I'm looking forward to next year with it. :headbang:

Thats amazing, congrats. This calls for a knee slap :biggthump

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Dana said:
It is such a nice feeling to accomplish goals you have set for yourself.
Now you can relax for the rest of the season and plan for next year.

Congrats on the achievements Larry!

Dan

Thanks Dan. I know you achieved your goal this year too and know how good it feels to accomplish a realistic, yet challenging goal.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
VenomInside said:
Congrats Larry!!! :headbang:

I'm really glad you got to accomplish what you wanted to do this season. Any plans/goals for next season?

If I continue to need it as my daily driver, I don't think I can push it much harder. I'm hoping to pick up something nice with AWD for the Winter (and as a daily driver) which would allow me to set the bar lower for myself. I haven't really thought it over yet since we've still got a little time left this year.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
blubyu said:
Congrats, a great testament to a durable car. How would you compare this car to the old GN?

What are next years goals? What does the future hold?

Rock on! :headbang:

They are similar in alot of ways, but I think ultimately this car has more potential since there is almost 20 years of progress that has been made since the GN was released.

The only disadvantage the Cobra has is it's weight. Me and Jason were talking about this at Byron on Saturday and MY Cobra has trapped faster than the GN and ran almost as quick in the 1/4, but I have MUCH LESS in mods in the Cobra than I did in the GN.

Both can easily be streetable 10 second daily drivers, but the GN isn't gonna do it on the stock longblock. They're both great cars with a good reputation on the street.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info