• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

chicago area tuners..

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
as some of you know my car is undergoing a complete transformation...in all my indecisiveness i have finally put together a good power making package, the great and powerful hans will be doing the work, but...i want to get some input on local tuners. i was thinking bob, or maybe mike post. i want a safe but semi aggressive tune, if there is such a thing. it should be ready for the dyno in about 3 weeks. all you douchbags took up hans's shop for rsd! :biggthump

thanks...

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
01Sleeper said:
I have heard bad things about them, I don't think I would bring my car there. :dunno: I would say Kurgan, he tuned my car and I was happy with the results. :biggthump

i think kurgan is my frontrunner right now, i have heard VERY good things about him. he sat on the phone with me and listned to me babble on for 20 min :headbang:

plus brian is very happy with his tune

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
SLASH said:
as some of you know my car is undergoing a complete transformation...in all my indecisiveness i have finally put together a good power making package, the great and powerful hans will be doing the work, but...i want to get some input on local tuners. i was thinking bob, or maybe mike post. i want a safe but semi aggressive tune, if there is such a thing. it should be ready for the dyno in about 3 weeks. all you douchbags took up hans's shop for rsd! :biggthump

thanks...

im glad im in the running :)

2 things you may want to research is #1 can you stay at the dyno when you are getting it tuned and can you watch... #2 is the person that you THINK is tuning your car, the actual one tuning it? Obviously, if you are there watching, #2 is a no brainer.. I tune all the car's.. i dont have someone else tune it and use my name.. thanks and good luck!

02mingreyconv

Regular
Jan 31, 2005

2 things you may want to research is #1 can you stay at the dyno when you are getting it tuned and can you watch... #2 is the person that you THINK is tuning your car, the actual one tuning it? Obviously, if you are there watching, #2 is a no brainer.. I tune all the car's.. i dont have someone else tune it and use my name.. thanks and good luck!

Bob, I wasn't there when 'you' tuned my car.. we have actually never met.. so does that mean that you had some monkeys with you that tuned my car? (J/K)

:laughing2

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005

call me when your off vacation, ill set it up. thanks bob!

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
02mingreyconv said:
Bob, I wasn't there when 'you' tuned my car.. we have actually never met.. so does that mean that you had some monkeys with you that tuned my car? (J/K)

:laughing2

is your car the one that had the SUPERHOT discharge temps? The one we changed pulleys to a BIGGER one and made more power? hahaha

I remember your car.. that poor little 1.7 KB was screaming, NO MORE!!! Im glad you are happy too....

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
SLASH said:
i think kurgan is my frontrunner right now, i have heard VERY good things about him. he sat on the phone with me and listned to me babble on for 20 min :headbang:

plus brian is very happy with his tune

Slash,

Let me know how it works out when your done. I might use him as well or do the mail order tune from Amazon Racing. I'm also looking for a good local turner for SCT Cobra's

02mingreyconv

Regular
Jan 31, 2005
is your car the one that had the SUPERHOT discharge temps? The one we changed pulleys to a BIGGER one and made more power? hahaha

I remember your car.. that poor little 1.7 KB was screaming, NO MORE!!! Im glad you are happy too....

Yeah, thats it. The 1.7L KB is probably sold and Larry ordered the 2.6L from KB so I will be back in touch with you when it comes time to tune the new combo... this time the discharge temps should not be an issue! I also got the LFP dual pass HE and their IC reservoir to help keep the temps down.

But yeah, I love the tune, just crave more power :)

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
02mingreyconv said:
Yeah, thats it. The 1.7L KB is probably sold and Larry ordered the 2.6L from KB so I will be back in touch with you when it comes time to tune the new combo... this time the discharge temps should not be an issue! I also got the LFP dual pass HE and their IC reservoir to help keep the temps down.

But yeah, I love the tune, just crave more power :)

looking forward too it... your car wasnt so bad for a cammed/blown car... maybe i just got lucky :p :p :p :p

im sure the 2.6 will be everything you except, plus a little more :eek:

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Stangfreak91 said:
Who are they? And who's car have they tuned!

Need info.
Their names are Keith and Duane Logan, its a father and son and their shop is right in South Elgin on the corner of RT25 and gilberts St. I would highly recommend them, They have tuned my car twice and everything worked out real good :headbang: . Just go in and talk to them, its like 5 mins from your house. They are very cool and knowledgable.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
ChromeCobra said:
Their names are Keith and Duane Logan, its a father and son and their shop is right in South Elgin on the corner of RT25 and gilberts St. I would highly recommend them, They have tuned my car twice and everything worked out real good :headbang: . Just go in and talk to them, its like 5 mins from your house. They are very cool and knowledgable.

+1

THEY ARE VERY NICE PEOPLE, ALTHOUGH I CANT VOUCH FOR THEIR WORK...I NEVER USED THEM...

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
ChromeCobra said:

Cool thanks. Do they have a dyno?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info