• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

anyone have one a tuner for our cars

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You have to buy a tuner for your car only. Because when you use it for the first time, it uploads your stock tune from your car to the tuner and flashes your computer with the new upgraded tune in the programmer. It also marries itself to your car and will not work on any other car. The only thing you can do with it is look at and clear diagnostic trouble codes on any OBD2 car. You cant use a tuner that is being used on another car unless that person puts their stock tune back on their car and resets the tuner back to stock form. Then when you use it, it will be married to your car and you cant make adjustments to the stock tune. It sucks, but its the only way the tuner mfrs. can keep people honest and sell tuners. Otherwise, once someone bought one than anyone can use it....and thats not how they work.

Brian

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
hazmat404 said:
just one of those simple ones that you can change some little things around like timing. heard you can just use something that plugs in but as i said before, im new to this engine so only going by word of mouth. hopefully its somewhere near me but if not ill drive a lil to get a little tuneage :)

Welcome to the Board and Congrats on the Terminator!

Since your new to the terminators and S/C 4.6's my simple advice would be Do some research on the car get to know the Cobra, learn the lingo, talk to the guys here first before you start modding, there are people here that know alot about the car and can point you in the right direction that way you know what you're doing .

I'm like you. I also came from 5 liter stangs, brother this is a whole new ballgame!

If I can help let me know.

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
cool thanx for the reply. makes a lot of sense on the tuner. i had a tweecer on my old car with a laptop and to be honest, i really didnt use it that much besides fixing a few simple things like idle, longtubes, idle and some other things so it was kinda a waste. i just want something that is fairly simple. sadly most of my money is going to schooling loans and the car loan so not too much for mods but i will be doing exhaust before the end of the year. i did all the work on my 5.0 as it was full bolton and full exhaust so i know how "easy" exhaust is plus i put on my buddy's 01 cobra o/r hpipe. hopefully the tuners arent too expensive and i might pick one up for xmas but we will see

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• hazmat404
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list