• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Bassani Mid-Length Headers - experienced installers in HERE please

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Did you re-use the stock studs or have success with locking header bolts?

I have a ticking that's getting louder on the drivers side only, and I am sure it's the headers because only on the drivers side, some plain bassani bolts were used in place of the stock studs near the back because there were clearance issues getting the stock studs in, so the non-locking bolts were used. I knew over time that it would probably come loose, and it's finally to the point where I can't stand the ticking anymore and I don't like the idea that it's probably contributing to higher underhood temps.

Also, any advice on an easy way to fix this without dropping the K-member, or other experienced installers. Right now I am thinking Dan of LDC will fix this after winter assuming he'll have his lift by then.

DIDRace.com

Regular
Mar 22, 2006
If you are going to use the Bassani headers it is highly recomended to get a set of stage 8 locking header bolts. Slash can speak from experience about blowing gaskets. Also i have found using Ford gaskets with out the inserts works very well.
I have talked to Bassani several times and they are aware that there sealing system sucks and they actually recomended using the Ford gaskets and not there insert bullshit.
Thanks
Doug

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
ChicagoMike said:
Did you re-use the stock studs or have success with locking header bolts?

I have a ticking that's getting louder on the drivers side only, and I am sure it's the headers because only on the drivers side, some plain bassani bolts were used in place of the stock studs near the back because there were clearance issues getting the stock studs in, so the non-locking bolts were used. I knew over time that it would probably come loose, and it's finally to the point where I can't stand the ticking anymore and I don't like the idea that it's probably contributing to higher underhood temps.

Also, any advice on an easy way to fix this without dropping the K-member, or other experienced installers. Right now I am thinking Dan of LDC will fix this after winter assuming he'll have his lift by then.

It takes me about 45minutes to drop the K- its a non issue to do, and will save more time in the long run. You are lucky because the drivers side is the easiest to get to.
Stage8s or the FRPP which are repackaged Stage8s

I thought you were selling the car, let it be someone elses problem and dump it.......

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
FR 500 HAND BUILT said:
u don't have to drop the k-member- just get the locking bolts and hit me up -- i helped a buddy put long tubes in his mach with out undoing the motor mounts.

:bsflag:

I'm a ASE certified tech, i did mine in my '01. no way are you getting longtubes on a 4v with the K in the car, let alone the motor mounts attatched to it!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Dewalt03cobra said:
Just wondering, do you have to get it realigned if you drop the K-Member? :dunno:

I want to install locking bolts on my Bassani Mid-Length's and wanted to know what problems too expect.
Not if you pin the k-member before you drop it.

Drill a hole in each side at the rear, insert a roll pin and then drop the k-member.
Then when you go to reinstall the k, just line up the pins and tighten everything back up.
Dana

cyac5l8trfcar said:
:bsflag:

I'm a ASE certified tech, i did mine in my '01. no way are you getting longtubes on a 4v with the K in the car, let alone the motor mounts attatched to it!

anybody want to put money on it???? i will prove it to anybody- actually we had one of the mounts undone so i could rock the motor for the driverside header to fit up there. this was on a 03 mach 1-

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
FR 500 HAND BUILT said:
anybody want to put money on it???? i will prove it to anybody- actually we had one of the mounts undone so i could rock the motor for the driverside header to fit up there. this was on a 03 mach 1-

So if I bet you say $10.00 and you won, you would essentially prove you are right and I would be wrong and pay $10.00 for a header install?

Mystic Terminator said:
So if I bet you say $10.00 and you won, you would essentially prove you are right and I would be wrong and pay $10.00 for a header install?

I wouldn't even make u pay up -- if u need help with a header install give me a time like a friday nite say 8pm and it will be done by the next nite0 sat- 8pm -- I can bring down some tools and help u all u need! so said service is free and u get to learn a little too!

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Thanks for all the help. I ordered the stage 8 bolts... and the bassani gaskets..

should I reuse the bassani gaskets or do the ford ones? What is the part number for the Ford ones if Lyle and Dan recommend those? Because the stock headers are totally different than the Bassani ones, I think they'd be an entirely different gasket

I would use the ford gaskets they are multi steel design-

About the helping- we are all car people here and if somebody needs help well hit me and i can set up a time were i can come on over and work- I love helpin people out. SO that being said if anybody needs help on there car ie cam installs valve cover swaps- new suspension- hit me up- I am going to be askin for some help soon too- i have never put aftermarket seats in a car. I would like some help on installin them if it is to bring ur own beer and laugh as i do it that is cool too!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info