• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

5.4L in an 03 or 04 Cobra

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
B_Pay said:
This is probably a stupid question but I was just curious if anyone put a supercharged 5.4L block in an 03 or 04 cobra or if it even fits.

I know it's probably not worth it...just curious how possible it is and if it offers any advantage.
I was going to put a 5.4 into my 1999 Cobra, it will fit, but it is ALOT of work, so I bought the 2004 :biggthump = better bet :headbang: probably cheaper too
(in the long run) :dunno:

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
i bet the gt500 engine is a drop-in.

the only thing stopping people from doing it to a terminator is the lack of an intake manifold. once hte gt500 engines are in the parts supply pipeline this will be a non-issue.

the computer doesnt give a shit what it controls so thats a non-issue.

headers are the issue now that the shelby bits are trickling in.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Why waste the time using a Terminator for this? You are LIGHT YEARS better off buying a V6 Mustang and then you have the luxury of NOT having to deal with the IRS and such. Also, you'd be tearing apart a good Terminator for only a little more than a couple of extra cubes.

My dream is to one day build up a six-shooter with a good motor, trans, and rear-end. But I would never tear into anything as special as a Terminator.

-Mike

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
you're way better off starting with a v8 car. trust me on that.

and there's nothing wrong with the irs. last i heard, the cars that broke at msc broke their rear ends, and they were solid axle cars....

agreeed.

if you were starting with a v6 roller that was cheap as heck that would be an ok start but converting the v6 to a v8 would be too costly...mainly in wiring and drive train shit...since the v6 have the wimpy 7.5 rear end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info