• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

terminator exhaust get in here now!

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
what would be the opinion of the best exhaust for the following requirements, cost not bieng a factor?

i am talking block to tailpipe.

1. power/performance, works well to enhance 700-1000rwhp

2. sound quality (i know everyone varies on this, but im looking for an average)

3. reliability, i have bassani now and i have replaced header gaskets 3x, it rattles, shakes and has a low tone. i have heard that the bassani exhaust rattles and there is nothing that can be done about it.

what are your opinions?

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
SLASH said:
what would be the opinion of the best exhaust for the following requirements, cost not bieng a factor?

2. sound quality (i know everyone varies on this, but im looking for an average)

3. reliability, i have bassani now and i have replaced header gaskets 3x, it rattles, shakes and has a low tone. i have heard that the bassani exhaust rattles and there is nothing that can be done about it.

what are your opinions?

1. Long tubes all the way, X-pipe, CB, Boost will drop off a little bit, but a smaller pulley will fix this :clap:

2. I like my cars to sound good, but not too loud, I have Stainless workss stuff and it sounds great, the fit is the best around, The pipes are all stainless so it will last 20+ years, just really good products

3. Anytime I put headers on a car, I buy those Stage 10 header bolts, They have special flanges, so the bolts will never loosen. Different exhaust co. will have different, rattles and crap like that, but usually the high priced ehxaust tend not to do that.

Hope this helps
Kevin

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
RD SNAKE said:
1. Long tubes all the way, X-pipe, CB, Boost will drop off a little bit, but a smaller pulley will fix this :clap:

2. I like my cars to sound good, but not too loud, I have Stainless workss stuff and it sounds great, the fit is the best around, The pipes are all stainless so it will last 20+ years, just really good products

3. Anytime I put headers on a car, I buy those Stage 10 header bolts, They have special flanges, so the bolts will never loosen. Different exhaust co. will have different, rattles and crap like that, but usually the high priced ehxaust tend not to do that.

Hope this helps
Kevin

bassani was not cheap, and after 1000 miles it sounds like crap, i guess i was looking for brand name advice...thanks :headbang:

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
BBK's. i know, i know, you have to take 'em off to get the trans out but I had no problem putting 'em in. I'm getting rid of my flowmaster c.b. sounds like poopy with the l/t's and o/r x.

btw: they are stage 8's not stage 10 locking bolts. i forgot what i paid but speed inc has 'em in stock for a very good price.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
SLASH said:

what are your opinions?

Everyone is all gung ho for Kooks. I've heard good and bad things about them.

I've only heard good things about the Stainless Works stuff. Kevin(RD SNAKE) has it on his car and I was under it on Monday and it is set up very user friendly. Well fitting and easy to put on take off. The only bad thing I've heard about Stainless is on the LS2 GTO's they hit the steering rack.

As for MAC being a poor man's exhaust how would you figure that? I don't think people choose exhaust for how much $$ it is, I think they make the sacrafice in cash for sound.

With ANY aftermarket part you put on your car, you're going to have fitment issues.

1. Long Tube Headers are the way to go for big power. 1 3/4 seems to be the way to go for big power set ups because you don't have to worry about boost dropping and blah blah blah. If you look at the new C6 Z06 they've got 1 7/8 Headers on it!

2. 2 each his own. Check out this thread, It might help you.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316338
There are close to 70 different exhaust set ups in there

Raspy go with an O/R X pipe
Rumble go with an O/R H pipe

Catted mid pipes are not and option here IMO

3. Most exhaust set ups espcially with headers you're going to have problems. I don't think anyone can say they put a full exhaust on and never had to go back and tighten/make adjustments.

Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info