• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Disappointing N20 #'s :(

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Well, after wrenching all night and fighting the Predator, Carl finally got the Predator fired up, thanks Carl :D

Got the 60's on the car and the new tune downloaded. Mangaged to sqeek in a few runs @ Street Stuff, nice shop, but there are a few Jags that work there. The dyno guy Julio wanted to do a blower run on my N20 tune and I told him thats a waste of my time and money, I need info on the N20 tune. #'s on the blower run (N20 tune) I dont even want to mention :eek:

After he forgot to arm my system and made another blower run, finally got in a N20 run, cant say I'm real excited, but here it goes.......

I am sort of speechless, after all this $$$, time, blood, Hans' time (thanks again Hans), this is what I got :dunno:

This was on a 50/50 mix of 93 & 110 on the .054 jet right @ 900 PSI bottle. TR-6's plugged @ .030. Obviously its real FAT

Window switch is set @ 3300-6400, but it looks like the dyno guy didnt got WOT till almost 4K Not sure how that effects #'s, but obviously these are pretty low, what things should I check out. The system is functioning perfectly, tested every part.

I know its rich, but could there still really be 160 FT/LBS left in the tune? I really dont know, I'm a N20 Noob, looking forward to some feedback.

But everything in the kit seems to be working perfectly, me & Hans tested the window switch, microswitch, purge, N20 noid, I dont know where to look!!!!

NOTE: I have an upper/lower/port

DIDRace.com

Regular
Mar 22, 2006
firstsvt said:
Well, after wrenching all night and fighting the Predator, Carl finally got the Predator fired up, thanks Carl :D

Got the 60's on the car and the new tune downloaded. Mangaged to sqeek in a few runs @ Street Stuff, nice shop, but there are a few Jags that work there. The dyno guy Julio wanted to do a blower run on my N20 tune and I told him thats a waste of my time and money, I need info on the N20 tune. #'s on the blower run (N20 tune) I dont even want to mention :eek:

After he forgot to arm my system and made another blower run, finally got in a N20 run, cant say I'm real excited, but here it goes.......

I am sort of speechless, after all this $$$, time, blood, Hans' time (thanks again Hans), this is what I got :dunno:

This was on a 50/50 mix of 93 & 110 on the .054 jet right @ 900 PSI bottle. TR-6's plugged @ .030. Obviously its real FAT

Window switch is set @ 3300-6400, but it looks like the dyno guy didnt got WOT till almost 4K Not sure how that effects #'s, but obviously these are pretty low, what things should I check out. The system is functioning perfectly, tested every part.

I know its rich, but could there still really be 160 FT/LBS left in the tune? I really dont know, I'm a N20 Noob, looking forward to some feedback.

But everything in the kit seems to be working perfectly, me & Hans tested the window switch, microswitch, purge, N20 noid, I dont know where to look!!!!

NOTE: I have an upper/lower/port

What kind of numbers does the car make with just the blower?

What HP rated jet do you have in it?

What N20 kit do you have?

Wet or dry?

Thanks
Doug

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
1. Im with you on him not going WOT right away, your torque at 3500 is about 100 short of where your non juice curve should be

2. That is ungodly insanely rich through the mid range

3. Whats with the dip at 6K~? Blowout? Lifting?

4. Get a new tune, thats a pile of shit... you should be seeing 600/680

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
hj16 said:
1. Im with you on him not going WOT right away, your torque at 3500 is about 100 short of where your non juice curve should be

+1, a new tune and a dyno operator with a clue might make a bigger difference than you think.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
hj16 said:

This is my first tune from Scott @ MileHi, I'm sure he just didnt want to blow me up! maybe he can tweek it tonite for me, cuz yeah, A/F's in the 9's aint gonna get it done.

It looks like he didnt even hit WOT until 4 grand. I told him that my window is set 3300-6400 and have it WOT when you hit 3300.....no dice. Looks like the damn guy started rolling into the throttle slowly starting @ 3500

I know its rich but Im sure the #'s wouldve been much better if he hit the bottom part of the window @ WOT, thats where all the TQ is right!

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Oncebitten03 said:
pm'd you on MF and posted btw..

just way too fat and bad dyno operator, what's total timing at? get your pressure at about 1,000-1050

i had a similar experience today with a mail order tune, very safe but made decent power

This was also a tailpipe sniffer :eek: that fat at the tailpipe!

Max timing is 17* , thanks for your input :biggthump , I may have a few more questions in the future as I try to get this thing straightened out

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I think we got a few things sorted out at the track Saturday.....

I actually ran a pair of 10.94's @ 127mph speed shifting with a slipping belt!!

All new best for me:

60': 1.49 :headbang: most clean runs were 1.51-1.53
1/8 Mi ET: 6.97
1/8 Mi MPH: 103 MPH
1/4 ET: 10.94
1/4 Mi MPH: 130.5 MPH

Car is hooking REAL hard, once I get some belt issues sorted out, drive it hard and get the tune cleaned up, I'm hoping for some 10.5's this year

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info