• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Question for those tuned by Hermann (Cliff etc)- boost bypass mod by HBH?

JymBart

Regular
Mar 16, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
Jymbart informed me that Hermann does the boost bypass mod under the hood on all cars he has tuned.

Is this true? I don't recall my vacuum lines being re-routed. I thought the boost bypass can be manipulated in the tune.

Mike, . why not call Hermann and ask about your tune? I just got off the phone with him.

JymBart

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
1BADSNAKE said:
does the boost bypass effect anything?

The idea behind the Boost Bypass is to minimize boost "dump" between gear shifts.
Those that shift fast or power shift, probably do not experience this.

I hope that makes sense. Others please chime in with additional info.

EDIT - Here's a link to Steggy's explanation on boost loss

http://www.stiegemeier.com/blower_bypass.html

1BADSNAKE

BAR-NONE
Jun 26, 2006
Racerx66 said:
The idea behind the Boost Bypass is to minimize boost "dump" between gear shifts.
Those that shift fast or power shift, probably do not experience this.

I hope that makes sense. Others please chime in with additional info.

EDIT - Here's a link to Steggy's explanation on boost loss

http://www.stiegemeier.com/blower_bypass.html

Im aware of the term boost bypass and yes i do power shift sometimes when i need to but i meant was can it be harmful to the blower as cause damage to it?

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
When I had my Steggy ported eaton I noticed that even after a shop turned off the Boost Bypass in my SCT tune, I would still notice during wide open throttle that the boost would start to drop. This was on the stock gauge.

I just looked it up and found RPM Outlets info on how to bypass it under the hood. So I figured what the hell.

After I did that I noticed a big difference. Probably gained at least a few more HP & TQ since she was staying in boost.

I could be wrong but I think you really have to swap those two hoses under the hood and NOT just turn it off in the tune.

03Steve

I used to be fast :\
May 31, 2005
03CobraBoy said:
I could be wrong but I think you really have to swap those two hoses under the hood and NOT just turn it off in the tune.

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little info on this.

On an Eaton and Whipple combo, the computer can control the bypass feature. There is a small electronic solenoid on the driver's side of the blower. The computer will switch the solenoid off/on, based upon engine load.

A tuner can disable the boost bypass solenoid in two different ways. He can change a "switch" in the EEC, or he can populate the conditions for the boost bypass solenoid table with different values.

A mechanic can change vacuum lines, or simply unplug the solenoid.

The Kenne Bell bypass valve arrangement is 100% mechanical. The electronic bypass solenoid has no role, and can be removed from the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info