• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

thinkin about upgradin 2.2 to 2.8

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
well with the new KB blowers coming out, and my motor coming out this winter I was thinking about selling my 2.2 (6 months old) for maybe $3,000 (before everyone else does :rolleyes: ) and buying a new 2.8 :clap: which will cost $3650 w/o boost a terd & switch a shit :headbang: (already have from old 2.2 kit). so I think $650 for a new 2.8 aite to bad :dunno: .......what yall think about it?

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
You better get one b4 I do other wise you'll be seeing a lot this....
Sonypictures8026.jpg

O wait, You already do. :laughing2

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
dhg1667 said:
I hope and suspect that the high alt. in CO played a part in it.
It doesnt. Its all corrected and the numbers once corrected are extremely acurate when compared to sea level numbers. Who knows what the hell is wrong with Scotts blower... the 2.8 is supposed to be the race blower and he spun it to 25psi and its a blast furnace.

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
RD SNAKE said:
well with the new KB blowers coming out, and my motor coming out this winter I was thinking about selling my 2.2 (6 months old) for maybe $3,000 (before everyone else does :rolleyes: ) and buying a new 2.8 :clap: which will cost $3650 w/o boost a terd & switch a shit :headbang: (already have from old 2.2 kit). so I think $650 for a new 2.8 aite to bad :dunno: .......what yall think about it?

I know someone looking for a 2.2.

Will you take 2000.00?

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
RD SNAKE said:
what the hell, why not...go for it :headbang:

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Bullitt-1469- said:
The 2.4 didnt blow up enough stock motors the 2.8 should, i just find it really funny how most people sell everything they have to get the biggest baddest blower out when most can even take advantage of a 2.4. Oh well kenne bell should be happy...

I bought the 2.2 thinking "ill never need to run it that high" well the day has come, fuck with the new motor ill max out a 2.4, a 2.6 would get the job done but i would like room to "expand"

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
CobraChris08 said:
??? 2.2 vs 2.4?

Just saying people thought the 2.4 would be "too big" for street use when it came out.. i know plenty of cars daily driven with them and they're working out very well with them...

I'm just waiting to see how a stock long block 03 with a 2.8 with it does. time will tell i guess, just hoping sam bandit gets his car figured out.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Oncebitten03 said:
Just saying people thought the 2.4 would be "too big" for street use when it came out.. i know plenty of cars daily driven with them and they're working out very well with them...

"Too big for street use" is a relative term. Some think that a KB 2.2 is too big for street use in certain cars. Others think that a TT Viper putting out over 1,400rwhp is a streeter car. There is no too big or too small for street use. There will always be someone who drives their extremely high hp car on the street.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info