• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New RearEnd Suggestions?

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
So I blew up the rearend on Sunday at Byron, as some of you know.

We are speculating that I blew up the stock Posi unit. Everything in the rearend was factory except for the 4.30 gear.
I do have MM lower control arms (MMRLCA1), MM (Ford Racing) Uppers (M-5500), and Eibach Pro-System Plus Kit (shocks, struts, springs & Sway Bars), and MT ET Street Radials.

I'm thinking about beefing up the entire rearend -
I'm thinking 31 spline axles (Moser maybe), Eaton Posi Unit, and possibly changing over to a Coilover shock setup.

What do you guys think, any suggestions?

What are you guys with the big HP (Solid Rear Axle) cars running out back?

Thanks in advance

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
Thanks for the info guys...

WhtSuperStang said:
moser axles for sure but i would go with a tru trac posi...i just blew my rear end at the begining of the season too. what are your mods?

Current Mods aren't huge (Mid Pipe, Cat Back, Bigger Mass Air, 4.30, Alum DriveShaft, suspension and MT DRs)
I am hoping to put a Novi 2000 on the car later this year, so I am trying to prepare for that. :D

What did you break, and what mods did you have done when you broke it?

Crawlin2vGT said:
im running a 02 GT so i have solid and im running strange 31 spline street/strip axles, eaton posi, 410, extended wheel studs, UPR double adjustable uppers and solid lowers with lake woods all around. you can see how it leaves in sig pic haha

Sounds good! No breakage yet huh?

Shane97Cobra said:
Dave my suggestion would be a Detroit Tru-trac differential, 31 spline mosers or strange axles and then a new 4.30 gear.
The eaton are too prone to breaking. The tru-trac is a tank and has great street manners.

Thanks Shane :headbang:

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
BlaqSnake said:
Current Mods aren't huge (Mid Pipe, Cat Back, Bigger Mass Air, 4.30, Alum DriveShaft, suspension and MT DRs)
I am hoping to put a Novi 2000 on the car later this year, so I am trying to prepare for that. :D

What did you break, and what mods did you have done when you broke it?

I did a tru trac with 31 spline mosers and a 4:10

all i had when i broke it was full exhaust, susp., intake, clutch, shifter and mt drs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info