• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Quick max boost eaton question.

1BADSNAKE

BAR-NONE
Jun 26, 2006
Jiggy_One said:
How much boost can I put to my stock eaton before I decide to get it ported next season? I have that 2.80 upper, and I was thinking either a 4lbs or 6lbs lower, 12" JLT CAI, a new belt and another custom tune. Is this safe for the stock eaton, or should I wait on the lower pulley until next season when I get it ported?

I believe its 17 or 18lbs for stock eaton! Not for sure. Maybe more! But yes id change the lower also then worry about porting. I would go with the smallest upper and big big lower. I believe metco makes a 10lb lower! :headbang:

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Jiggy_One said:
How much boost can I put to my stock eaton before I decide to get it ported next season? I have that 2.80 upper, and I was thinking either a 4lbs or 6lbs lower, 12" JLT CAI, a new belt and another custom tune. Is this safe for the stock eaton, or should I wait on the lower pulley until next season when I get it ported?

I think for now you should wait until the blower is ported and is able to make good use of the added boost.

Right now i'm pretty sure your car should be seeing right around 15psi with the 2.80 pulley.

If you were to add the 4lbs lower (you would see almost 17 PSI)
If you were to add the 6lbs lower ( you would see almost 18PSI)

This would spin the stock eaton way past its capacity for nothing and No extra HP gain.

I pretty sure the stock eaton taps out at about 16PSI. So with you current combo you're about at the max. So its time for the port!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
BLUEDEVIL said:
I believe its 17 or 18lbs for stock eaton! Not for sure. Maybe more! But yes id change the lower also then worry about porting. I would go with the smallest upper and big big lower. I believe metco makes a 10lb lower! :headbang:

I don't know if I would agree with this method. I think the better route, would be to pick a sensible pulley combo and modding the car to last and to be "SAFE" and not just go for the max.

You're car you do want you want!

There is guy on this site with an 04 Cobra with a few choice bolt ons he has a 2.80 pulley and runs 11.23@121 1.68 short times and the car is "SAFE"

The more I read about our cars the more I see it all in the tune....

So this week I picked up a SF pulley for $65 (instead of the BF/w Idlers for $400+) and I got the Idler for $100.

And I will spend the $450.00 to have it tuned and IMO the tune is where you want to spend the money

Sep 17, 2005
Stangfreak91 said:
I don't know if I would agree with this method. I think the better route, would be to pick a sensible pulley combo and modding the car to last and to be "SAFE" and not just go for the max.

There is guy on this site with an 04 Cobra with a few choice bolt ons he has a 2.80 pulley and runs 11.23@121 1.68 short times and the car is "SAFE"

So this week I picked up a SF pulley for $65 (instead of the BF/w Idlers for $400+) and I got the Idler for $100.

And I will spend the $450.00 to have it tuned and IMO the tune is where you want to spend the money

nice numbers on ur Busa! :headbang:

1BADSNAKE

BAR-NONE
Jun 26, 2006
Stangfreak91 said:

Talk about safe driving! :lmao: I guess theres nothing wrong with that but im totally opposite!

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
BLUEDEVIL said:
Talk about safe driving! :lmao: I guess theres nothing wrong with that but im totally opposite!

Not saying your way is wrong. everybody has there own thing! For me I'd rather back the car off a bit and make sure the the A/F is at a safe range through out the power band and that I got the right tune in the car . Then to run the car on the edge.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Stangfreak91 said:

+1 Make sure u get it dyno tuned it is the best way 2 go. dont get a tune that was based off of a another cobra we all know all of our car r slightly different.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info