• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need Rotors/brakes, what and where did you buy?

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
Flatliner said:
Looking for crossdrilled and slotted, mine seem to have tanked on me. What do you have and where did you buy? Need to order tomorrow in hope for delivery this week. Thanks for the input.

I bought mine off ebay, they are powerstop slotted. I heard that you don't want drilled, they crack too easy. Here is a link to the guy I bought mine from,http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...ryZ33564QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem he is actually located by midway so you can go pick them up if you want. I have the hawk pads, but I wouldn't recommend them , they are noisy and very dusty.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Ya mine were making some noise today... have to check them out tomorrow and see how bad and where. I may go quick route and replace pads in rear. Have a feeling that is my issue, since everyone seems to say that they go out first. To many damn rotors out there though.

I have slotted and cross drilled, but more because they look good behind the 18's. I think I may just go slotted this time.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
I really like the bling of my rotors... but I am not willing to spend 4-500 on a set. I may go cost effective Baer plain rotors for a fraction of the cost. What I definitely will get the SS lines for the front. Debating on stock pads or these green pads everyone talks about on other sites.

I haven't made my decision, have to wait until at least tomorrow night to get the thing up on jack stands and see what is going on under there.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
.... and of course murphy's law says fuck me. My rear driver pad has demolished my rotor, great. Well they are off and the pads are about done on the other side. When I originally installed these I could not get the pads to fit on the rear and it was driving me crazy, that I put the stock ones on, eventually wanting to replace them, whoops... now to pull the trigger time constraints on, because have to be here and on by Friday night. Gonna call Todd's guy.

Anyone know where I can get the plain tirerack ones locally?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info