• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Which Firewall Adjuster and Quadrant?

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
Following the install of my DFX setup, I'm gonna have to get a firewall adjuster and quadrant so I can get this thing adjusted just the way I want it. What's the best one to go with these days? Is there much difference between the different brands? (Fiore, UPR, Steeda) And what's the difference between the single, double, triple hook quadrants????

Also, what's the install like? Are these a quick swapout, or is it difficult to install these?

Thanks!

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I picked these up last week:

Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant $29.95 (shipping included): http://www.mustangtuning.com/stqureclqu.html

Everyone refered to it as the red one, but mine wasn't red, but looks exaclty the same.

Billet Flow Firewall adjuster

I did both in about 1.5 hours, really didn't take long at all. My car was already jacked up so I didn't have to do that part.

- You take the one bolt off the trans that holds the inspection cover where the cable connects. You pry the fork forward, I was able to with my hand (I'm stong?? lol) and released the cable.

- Went under the dash and disconnected cable from quadrant. Pulled two clips off with needle nose, and pulled plastic stock quadrant off, removed plastic adjuster. Easiest way is move the one spring clip and then just pushed off. You'll see.

- Install new quadrant with spacer.

For firewall took a little bit more but wasn't bad at all,BF instructions were perfect!

Only thing, haven't adjusted since car is still on jack stands, but once I can I will.

LDC spring should help as well, but didn't get it yet.

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
I have the steeda double hook quadrant, steeda firewall adjuster and the steeda adjustable clutch cable. I love it. I love being able to set it so the clutch engages all the way at the top of the pedal makes powershifting so much easier!! For about 100-125 bucks well worth the money spent!

Once you have done one, install should take an hour or two!! very easy mod for the do it yourselfer!

Just my .02

Mike

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
PS keep your stock cable if you can... everyone always complains about the adj. and after market always breaking.

On another note, the double and triple, give you the ability to adjust more if you have a cable and firewall adj. I believe gives you more options. The quick release has a different ramp angle that makes it engage/ disengage better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info