• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Still using the STOCK inlet pipe? FIPK user? Upgrades available soon!

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I am currently in talks with S&B about selling a pipe and/or kit that replaces the stock tube that is plastic with ridges, and they already sell the larger filter for the FIPK (one inch longer, plus open ended for more air especially when the headlight is removed).

The inlet tube can be used with FIPK or other intake system that works with the stock inlet pipe. This is pretty much similar to the C&L inlet pipe, except that it will be made of high quality cross linked polyethylene (plastic) and of course eliminate the stock ridges. Currently the only option to get this is the JLT (doesn't clear MM strut brace or granetelli COPS spacers) or the C&L pipe which is unfortunely made of heat-soaking aluminum.

The early design of the intake tube is the piece on the left:

sbcai1.JPG

The other stuff is old design, so don't worry about that JUNK. I have a MM strut brace and I will test it for clearance for both the brace and the space between the valve covers.

Interested in buying this? The filter is around $40 if you have an FIPK, the inlet tube pricing is To Be Announced, and a GROUP BUY is a definite possibility (S&B asked me if I could set up a group buy pending fitment which I am testing soon). Let's get some replies here and I will link the manufacturer to these threads.

Mike

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
so you're talking a rigidly mounted air filter/maf, a rigid elbow tube, and an engine that vibrates? the factory tube is corrugated for a reason. the jlt setup hangs on the block-off plate (and swings from it as the engine moves)

bigger hose lengths to join the pieces may relieve the setup you describe of that issue.

if the maf and air filter just hang off the end of the tube and arent mounted to anything then never mind, i guess. until it saws through the a/c line.

if the corrugations in the factory tube bother you that much, you could fill them with silicone or expanding urethane foam or something.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
People running the C&L inlet pipe aren't having problems?

ShelbyGuy said:
so you're talking a rigidly mounted air filter/maf, a rigid elbow tube, and an engine that vibrates? the factory tube is corrugated for a reason. the jlt setup hangs on the block-off plate (and swings from it as the engine moves)

bigger hose lengths to join the pieces may relieve the setup you describe of that issue.

if the maf and air filter just hang off the end of the tube and arent mounted to anything then never mind, i guess. until it saws through the a/c line.

if the corrugations in the factory tube bother you that much, you could fill them with silicone or expanding urethane foam or something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list