• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mod Friendly Dealers

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
My buddy has had pretty good luck with Arlington Hts. He's got an Pullied 04 Cobra with a 7 year warranty. if he goes in for warranty work they will tell him weather or not he has to change the car to stock before they work on it. And they have some SVT tech that do side work.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
The guy I bought my GT and Cobra from lives behind me and works at Woodfield Ford. My Differental Cover was cracked. I took it into the dealer and the took care of me. Not one question asked. they were just afraid to touch the car(with all the parts I had on it :dunno: Not that many to me :dunno: ) You could try your luck there.

markssvt

Feb 10, 2006
mod friend

These ford dealers such as Sutton will be mod friendly
just to install the parts and take your money.
But if something goes wrong you have no warrenty and they
will not stand behind there work. So then your in your own
to fit the bill all they want is your money plain and simple.
There really is no need to spend the extra money to have
them do mechanical work just pay them to tune it. Then
find an outside source such as Deans perf-or Rush Racing
to do your r and r work to save a ton of money!!
And I am speaking from personal experiance :cool2:

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
There is no such thing as a mod friendly dealer 100% of the time. The reason is it's not the dealers final call to approve or disappprove the warranty. Ford reserves the right to do that. At anytime if Ford feels for some reason they question a warranty claim they will send an engineer out and have him check the car. A dealer is not going to risk their dealership because some guy modded his car and then is pissed he can't get it warrantied.

04Bolt

Feb 5, 2005
1badass96gt said:
There is no such thing as a mod friendly dealer 100% of the time. The reason is it's not the dealers final call to approve or disappprove the warranty. Ford reserves the right to do that. At anytime if Ford feels for some reason they question a warranty claim they will send an engineer out and have him check the car. A dealer is not going to risk their dealership because some guy modded his car and then is pissed he can't get it warrantied.
Well put. When I bought my lightning I asked the question of me changing some things. They said they understand that L's are bought by people who want to change things but if it's a mod that caused the problem, then you've got a problem. It's all up to the dealer though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info