• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Please help with my new exhaust!!!!

Umpas01LTNG

True Boostin'
Aug 18, 2006
OK, pics will be up soon, but.... heres my problem, i was goin to go with either a Flowmaster or Magnaflow Cat-Back, but my friend, bought me two Moroso Glasspack/Mufflers for my 21st, which is next Tues. btw :cool: so i had them installed becuase i mean lets face it, it would be bad if i told him no, so they were installed. They dont sound bad a t all, but are a lil too loud, but im sure they wil grow on me, but i cant tell if theres any gains, or losses, or if there is a decent amount of back pressure, so that is why im charging my battery to take pics, but while its charging lemme explain the setup, its true duals 3 inch(no cats) to the glasspacks, which they clamped :mad: out. so lemme know what you guys think, i think i might be losin some back-pressure, the thing is so loud i cant even hear the blower, please guys any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Umpas01LTNG said:
you guys think if i got throw on some high flow cats itll be better, should i just wait it out and by a catback

In your first post you mentioned backpressure twice, like you want to KEEP Some. The mufflers are PAST the Cats, and a Glasspack will have little effect on adding ANY pressure to the exhaust - Consider it almost a straightpipe if it is a Cherry Bomb type of Glasspack.
Then, you mention High Flow Cats. Any Backpressure you HAD will be released by these if they are any good.

So, I'm confused. Do you WANT a little backpressure in your exhaust? You are Supercharged, NOT Turbocharged.

Second. If you had a Mustang question - this would be a good place to ask. However, Yours is a Lightning question and would probably be answered best by Lightning folks. Try NLOC.net too.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
zenriddles said:
Second. If you had a Mustang question - this would be a good place to ask. However, Yours is a Lightning question and would probably be answered best by Lightning folks. Try NLOC.net too.

theres plenty of lightnings on here that can help him out :biggthump

This sight isnt only for mustangs its for all svts and ford enthusiasts and then some. there are alot of people here that can help

Umpas01LTNG

True Boostin'
Aug 18, 2006
i want to keep a decent amount of backpressure, that is my goal, you see i bought the car with straight pipes that were welded to a stock muffler, and it sounded like garbage, so i told my buddy i wanted a new exhaust and he bought me glasspacks, so i was like fine and put them on, what i was sayin about the Highflow cats is that i think i should throw two on, and i think that'll solve my problem with the backpressure and the loudness, lol, i just wanted some second opinions, becuase as much as i know about cars, there are plenty of people on here that know a lot more than me, thnaks for the replys tho guys

Jul 7, 2006
zenriddles said:
In your first post you mentioned backpressure twice, like you want to KEEP Some. The mufflers are PAST the Cats, and a Glasspack will have little effect on adding ANY pressure to the exhaust - Consider it almost a straightpipe if it is a Cherry Bomb type of Glasspack.
Then, you mention High Flow Cats. Any Backpressure you HAD will be released by these if they are any good.

So, I'm confused. Do you WANT a little backpressure in your exhaust? You are Supercharged, NOT Turbocharged.

Thats why he posted it in the Lightning Tech section... There are plenty of Lightnings on here to help him. Trying to push us L's out eh? :nono: :D

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
SonicBlueDevil said:
Thats why he posted it in the Lightning Tech section... There are plenty of Lightnings on here to help him. Trying to push us L's out eh? :nono: :D

Not at all. Trying to help.
I said nloc TOO, Not INSTEAD of here.
I offered ADDITIONAL Options.

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=10868&highlight=model

By My Count I get 127 Mustangs
17 "Other"
11 Lightnings

Over 11.5:1 Mustangs over Lightnings. We show more "Other" vehicles than Lightnings. If our great braintrust of 11 Whole Lightnings doesn't have the answer, What's a fella to Do?

Push the Lightnings Out? NEVER. I'm One Too.

Mean Mr Mustang

Govt. Conspirator
Nov 17, 2005
Just one question. Did you look inside the glasspacks before you put them on? I had a set of glasspacks several years ago that were for a 2.5" exhaust, but after looking inside them the core shrank down to about 1 3/4 inch. If I would of bolted these on I would of enden up losing power as the rpms got higher.

Umpas01LTNG

True Boostin'
Aug 18, 2006
Mean Mr Mustang said:
Just one question. Did you look inside the glasspacks before you put them on? I had a set of glasspacks several years ago that were for a 2.5" exhaust, but after looking inside them the core shrank down to about 1 3/4 inch. If I would of bolted these on I would of enden up losing power as the rpms got higher.

i cant remember the size of the inside, but they are big, 4 inch for sure around, and def bigger than 2 inside, but they are too loud and poppy, im just gonna throw on either a 50 series, two 40 series, and then just save for a bassani

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info