• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Engine removal right up

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Well Im going to be pulling my engine out of the cobra this winter. I thought about doing a right up on pulling the motor, pictures, tools, details the whole 9 yards. Ive been searching for a good wright up but no one seems to have one so I guess I might be the first? I thinking im going to have cobrachirs08 do all of the photos and all of that and then take a day and right it all up, throw on hear maybe svtp & modf..what do you all think?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
I made my own instructions when I worked at DSS Racing for 2 valve and 4 valve long block/ long block to complete engine build ups. If you'd like I could fax a copy to ya or somethin to help ya out :dunno: I just put my engine together myself and it purrrs like a kitten'.

myengineteardown.jpg

myenginteardown2.jpg

mydssmotor.jpg

motorin.jpg

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Redman

Bad a$$ 2V
May 10, 2005
If you need a loaner engine hoist and stand let me know. Cobrachris08 stopped by about 45 minutes after i had my engine out.

Pulled it engine and trans together in about 6 hrs by myself.

If it were a 5.0 in a fox I could have had the trans out on the ground and the engine out of the car in about 3.5 hrs.

My next 4.6 pull will be faster. They are relatively the same except I think i would need to loosten and move the master cylinder for a 4 valve.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Redman69 said:
If you need a loaner engine hoist and stand let me know. Cobrachris08 stopped by about 45 minutes after i had my engine out.

Pulled it engine and trans together in about 6 hrs by myself.

If it were a 5.0 in a fox I could have had the trans out on the ground and the engine out of the car in about 3.5 hrs.

My next 4.6 pull will be faster. They are relatively the same except I think i would need to loosten and move the master cylinder for a 4 valve.

yes 5.0 in fox bodys/sn95 cars are cake...about 3 hours or so...never done a 2v but they seems easy. The 4V will be challenge but I will get her done..

Im sure im going to have lots of CSVT people over to pull her out

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
ShelbyGuy said:
six hours???

if it takes you 20 minutes you are drinking too much or are bullshitting with the guy next to you.

the engine comes out the bottom with everything attached to the k-member.

its less than 20 bolts.

Takes longer than 20 mins. to drill holes and insert dowels in the k member so you can get it back into the exact location. Not to mention cracking open a couple beers during the process. This makes reinstallation much easier [the dowels, not the beers :D ]. John's right about the motor coming out the bottom. Jack the car up high and slide it out.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
Go out the bottom. Took me 2 hours on a lift to disconnect the entire wiring harness, fuel lines, coolant hoses, and blower tubes/accessories. No b.s., I busted ass, and included in that time was taking the engine/trans off the k and slapping the k back in there and pushin the bitch outside. Easy as cake. try doing an LS1 in that time.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
1badblkgt said:
boosted2v do you have removal notes, or engine building notes, im havein the motor build so just some hints.

You don't need removal notes. Just use plastic bags with the white front on them to write on them and label each bag what each part and its bolts. Mark your cam retainers with a permanent marker on the retainer and to the head wear it corresponds. Everything else is pretty self explanatory. I took the intake manifold off and put the bolts in the holes were they go. When you take something off just keep the bolts with it. NOTE: Look at the pic of my timing kit laying with the bolts for it and the correct side to were each side goes. Also look at the pic of my front cover. I kept all the bolts in it along with the pulleys that stay on it.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or I can give you my number.

The instructions I have are for the correct long block building procedure. Torque specs, bolt sizes, timing set-up, ect.... :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info