• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone cut off the flaps on the heat extractors under the hood?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I decided to, even after I said I wouldnt. I took the under-hood blanket off and wanted to actually use the heat extractors. But, with them open, they get pushed out of the hood when I left them open and closed the hood. So I realized that I could cut the flaps off, and if I wanted them back on they would just snap back up and maybe sag a little. Anyone else do this>?

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Jiggy_One said:
I decided to, even after I said I wouldnt. I took the under-hood blanket off and wanted to actually use the heat extractors. But, with them open, they get pushed out of the hood when I left them open and closed the hood. So I realized that I could cut the flaps off, and if I wanted them back on they would just snap back up and maybe sag a little. Anyone else do this>?
Mine are cut off :biggthump

Not a DD, but yeah the water gets in when you wash the car, but I have a chamois I run over the engine all the time anyways, so that doesn't bother me ;)

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Jiggy_One said:
Yeah, the cobra is not my DD, and I will do that for sure when I wash it. But can you hear the blower more with them out>?

:alcoholic

ehhhh not really. The major sound insylating is the hood blanket. I don't hear to much over the Exhaust. With the removal of the hood blanket I do hear a slight whine that goes along with the Engine Speed. It's not the blower though. Just take em off. I snapped mine off.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
10th03cobra said:
Your a towel!!!!

I do it just to piss you off.

Towelie.jpg

B_Pay

Regular
May 17, 2006
Jiggy_One said:

You could always put some velcro with sticky tape and then the flaps aren't just hangin there.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I would love to get some chrome ones for my yellow cobra. They would go totally awesome with my chrome wheels. As for the heat, I noticed they do get super hot. If you had metal ones, all you would need is a grease catcher and you got an instant grill. LOL!! When I turn off the engine, and let the car sit I can see the heat comming out of there. I hope it works better when I am driving then with the flaps on there.

02RedL

Jiggy_One said:
This is what I was going for. I still want to see those billetflow ones. I looked around for them earlier, but it doesnt seem to be on their site.

DSC01003resized.jpg
I can see they didnt paint to good under yours either, but it looks better then mine! Whats with the sticker under the hood on the top left side, i dont have that? After lookin at my Billetflow vents now, seein those plastic black ones looks horrible! ;)

02RedL

Shows ya how observant I am! I always have the hood open after washin the car, and had it opened extra long today, cause i cleaned the motor and never noticed it, but I noticed it in that pic in about 2 seconds! I just went out to check , and ya I have one too! It better be there, I bought the thing brand new!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info