• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

lightning guys need some help finding some thing

wickedfastone

Aug 14, 2006
struckby29 said:
hey were can i find a good lowering kit for my 03 lightning i want the truck pretty level not to low but def not too high i have no idea and i cant find anything online so i come to you all thanks

When I was looking to lower my Lightning. I did a lot of research. I kept comming across 3 different spring makers. The first was Eibach sportlines,the second was Beltech, and the third was Groundforce. I went with the Eibach because I have used them many times and always have good results with the look and the handling. I bought the kit with the front springs and rear shackles. The drop was 1.5in up front and 4in in the rear. If you want to spend some extra $$$$ then you could get the dropped spindles and replacement leaf springs. The shackles were cheaper and accomplished the same result. :D

Bronco Bill

Oct 25, 2004
lowering

hey,
it depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you want to level the truck without compromising ride...then two inch rear drop shackles are sufficient.(bump stops will need to be trimmed)

When i thought i wanted to lower mine, i had pretty much decided the
rousch kit seemed the best, but finally decided the cost and ride wasn't worth
the 1k I would have to spend .

It's all a matter of what you want to do. It is your truck, i personally decided that a thousand dollars for something that wasn't going to make the truck any faster , handle, or ride better wasn't worth it.

If you really need some solid info, try the nloc site, it will help u more than this site will, as this is mostly a "car" site.
good luck
BB

8urSRT

Regular
Aug 31, 2006
hotchkis total vehicle system which i beleive sonic blue devil has on his truck is the best imop,

bigger sway bars , new leaf springs for rear and new sway bar links front and back and front springs .. 950,on lightningforceperfomance's site im getting as soon as iget my bonus and few other things.

Jul 7, 2006
8urSRT said:
hotchkis total vehicle system which i beleive sonic blue devil has on his truck is the best imop,

bigger sway bars , new leaf springs for rear and new sway bar links front and back and front springs .. 950,on lightningforceperfomance's site im getting as soon as iget my bonus and few other things.

+1 The Hotchkis TVS is a great suspension setup... Everyone grabs the "Oh-Shit" handle when I take corners at high rates of speed. They think the truck is going to lose control... Then they learn it handles great!

8urSRT

Regular
Aug 31, 2006
SonicBlueDevil said:
+1 The Hotchkis TVS is a great suspension setup... Everyone grabs the "Oh-Shit" handle when I take corners at high rates of speed. They think the truck is going to lose control... Then they learn it handles great!

Thats what im looking for but im also worried hom its going to affect my launch on the street and at the track. I ve perfected the all season launch at both

1.7s at the track and i can dead hook it on the street. which is were i shine :spank: :spank: win beacuse of.

Jul 7, 2006
8urSRT said:
Thats what im looking for but im also worried hom its going to affect my launch on the street and at the track. I ve perfected the all season launch at both

1.7s at the track and i can dead hook it on the street. which is were i shine :spank: :spank: win beacuse of.

I doubt it will hurt your times... There are guys who have the TVS system and are cutting 1.4 60ft times. With my mods I was able to get mid 12s with the TVS on bald nittos... You'll be fine. My 60ft was 1.8 too and it was my second time at the track!

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I put the Belltech 2" shackles on the rear of mine, and it leveled out the truck perfectly. It was an 02, so an 03-04 may still keep an inch or so rake. That is the only suspension product by Belltech, Groundforce or Eiback that would ever touch my truck. STAY AWAY from them, all their front springs are weak and will sink over a short period of time.

I added Ruslow's 1000-lb front springs, and they rock. He sells springs in any spring rating you want, increments of 200-lbs. Stock is 640 lb springs, and most kits (Eibach, even Hotchkis) include springs in the 800 to 850 lb rate. The 1000-lb-ers were stiff on the street, but perfect for cornering. Some serious road racers go with his 1200-lb springs, but they are borderline unstreetable. The front springs dropped the front and about 1-1/2".

Ideally, I would have added the Hotchkis rear leafs, with the shackles already in place, to perfectly level the truck again, but I never got to that point. The TVS system includes the front and rear springs and new sway bars, but fails to include the shocks. You really need the shocks to match it all up. My ideal suspension is the Ruslow 1000-lb springs up front, the Hotchkis rear leafs, the Hotchkis-valved Bilstein shocks all around, and if you really wanted new sway bars, then maybe those also, but they're not necessary IMO.

Check Lightning Force Performance for good prices on the suspension parts.

Gibby_SVT

Voodoo
Apr 12, 2007
I've also been doing a lot of research on this as I want to do it right the first time. I'm with ILLINI. The RUSlow front 1000lb springs are ideal, but I'm still undecided on shocks, either QA1 or the Bilsteins. Instead of getting the whole TVS, I'm going with the rear leafs and maybe a shackle kit. I will then figure out if I want/need the sway bars. At minimum, I'll get a panhard bar.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info