• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

what trans to get?

what trans to get?

• tko-600

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • tko-500

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • t56

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VENOMOUS98

Regular
May 30, 2004
When my T-45 went bad on me, for the third time I went and got a '03 Cobra T-56 for my '98 Cobra. The trans worked out great and is easy to install in the car. The only down side was after I went to the track with the new trans, the car lost .4 of a second in the quarter mile. This was with a 4:30 gear in the car. I had to up the gear ratio to 4:56 to make -up for the lost time and with that the car was back to running the same time as before the trans swap. At 80 mph the engine will be at 3100rpm in sixth gear. I have never had a problem since the install was done in September 2003 and I am very happy with the swap. If you decide to do the swap, here is the list that I made up to make it easy for you:

http://www.midwestfords.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8332

Thanks,

Chris

Thread Info