• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Can someone chime in on this.

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Nov 9, 2004
woodridge
the cobra I just bought has the click/tick also. But It seems I can get it to do it by just shacking the car left to right or by shutting the d/s door. Going to look at the hubs probly later this week. Was just wondering if any of you with the click/tink can reproduce the noise the same way I can? Also mine seems to do it more while driving really slow.

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
sonicblue2003 said:
the cobra I just bought has the click/tick also. But It seems I can get it to do it by just shacking the car left to right or by shutting the d/s door. Going to look at the hubs probly later this week. Was just wondering if any of you with the click/tink can reproduce the noise the same way I can? Also mine seems to do it more while driving really slow.

I tried that and nothing happens.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
When I originally brought it in for the noise, they had a list of things that they tried, like tightening the IRS bolts, playing with the exhaust and a few other things. None of it worked.

So, I did some research on the Internet and found out that many people were having the same problem with the "tink" noise.

After having the dealer check the half-shafts and hubs, we found out that they were pretty chewed up and they replaced them.

Since it's been fixed, the noise actually hasn't come back despite what I may have said earlier. I have a new noise that sounded similar, but the sound has changed over time and it's definitely not the same.

It's not lose IRS bolts because I had re-torqued all of them and it didn't change the noise. Instead, I think it may be a bushing somewhere.

If your car is under warranty, you should be able to get the dealer to fix this for free. If not, I'd recommend getting some aftermarket half-shafts and hubs.

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
Thanks, Ill be at ford tomorrow a.m. first thing. I know the service writer and even the owner of the dealership I just hope they dont have to have someone come out for an approval. Im worried they might try to blame it on the spacers or the bigger wheels with 315's. Im guessing this is an expensive fix??? :dunno:

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
We went to pull the hubs on Saturday and didnt have a 1-1/2 inch deep well. We tried 4 places in Crystal Lake and no one had one. Ill just wait till Ford opens it up on Thursday. Service writer said it was a covered part. Hopefully they wont pay attention to the mods.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info