• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Oil Q's KB users Chime in

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I was wondering how often you guys check your oil? How much oil do you use? Ive had my KB for about 4k miles and I already went thur that bottle of oil they supply you with. I think I use more then normal oil? Maybe a bad seal or something..? Im thinking about sending it back to KB to get checked out? Any oil realted info from KB users would be great.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
10th03cobra said:
I have the new snout that does not blow oil and I have not seen the oil go down at all after 4k miles or so. I check it every week or so and it looks good.

The blower rebuild cost $700 and $300 for the upgraded snout.

jeff, I have a "newer" blower, bought couple months again, do you no if i have the upgraded snout?

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
if you have a hole ported through the end of the drive by the pulley, you have the upgraded snout, this is just a place for the blower to relieve pressure without spending oil. i have the hpbh recovery system and the old snout. this works on the same principal but recycles the oil back into the drive instead of blowing it off, the hpbh does have a pressure release and i sometimes find traces of oil on me hood. the new drive can also blow oil out the snout, it is smart to check your oil weekley depending on how much you drive. i had serious problems with oil issues, the hpbh was a godsend and i have been problem free ever since. hope that helps a little.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info