• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Clutch gurus, need help.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Well I went to GLD last night, and two out of three runs ended with a massive grind going into second and fourth gear. I know my clutch is going, but where can I get a good street clutch and what is this 26 spline input shaft I should upgrade to? Please help. I have adjusted the slack out of the pedal and I do know how to power shift. I also have an MGW (thanks Tony) red handle shifter and it still cant slam gears. It will shift normal if I go slow, but at higher RPM I cant slam gears....it just wont do it. I cant even chirp second. I had an 04 GT, and I could chirp third with no issues. Please help.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Jiggy_One said:
Well I went to GLD last night, and two out of three runs ended with a massive grind going into second and fourth gear. I know my clutch is going, but where can I get a good street clutch and what is this 26 spline input shaft I should upgrade to? Please help. I have adjusted the slack out of the pedal and I do know how to power shift. I also have an MGW (thanks Tony) red handle shifter and it still cant slam gears. It will shift normal if I go slow, but at higher RPM I cant slam gears....it just wont do it. I cant even chirp second. I had an 04 GT, and I could chirp third with no issues. Please help.

yep sounds like a stock clutch :crying:

spec 3 or dfx is the only way to go with a street clutch :headbang:

the 26 spline input shaft is a very nice thing to add when doing a clutch, some people brake them if they are gettin a lot of wheel hop. most people replace them because if you brake your 10 spline and then go with a 26 you have to buy a new clutch

Also get a steeda, upr of whoever clutch adj. kit.

Don't forget the ldc cooling mod and maybe a new flywheel if money isn't too tight

hope this helps / PM me if you need more details on somthing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list