• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Whats wrong with my 97 cobra!?

1997SVTcobra

GET BORED
Jul 28, 2006
well, I was driving yesterday and the cobra died on me. heres what happened.....

I was at a stop sign, pulled through it like normal, went through 1st fine, then through second fine, shifted into 3rd and the car shuttered and died. I pulled off to the side of the road and tried to restart it, heard a little "ping" and decided not to try it.

Had my car towed to the Ford dealership today, they hooked it up to the diagnostics and got nothing, they got the car started and all he told me was and I quote " Awful lot of noise comming from piston #8" that was it, that was $72 worth of help from the mechanic at the dealership. I am truely at a loss, my girlfriends dad and I are going to pull it, but before we do that my girlfriends dad is going to bring his "scope" home and were going to try and see if we can see anything wrong internally before we decide to tear the beast apart....

anyone know what this may possibly be?

Ive heard everything from Timming chain(s) to throwing a piston through my block...I want to just give up..lol

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Compression test!!

I would have thought if driving normally and it cut off .... Timming or fuel or computer related issues but loud noise from the piston cant be good. I would think a compression test should tell you whats up with the pistons ect...

Good luck I am sure there are more on here that would give some good advice since I cant on this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info