• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hot!! Hot!! Hot!!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Well my intercooler setup is getting kind of hot in this weather and I was thinking about upgrading the system but don't know what to do with it. I have a LFP h/e and a stock res. This is my weekend car, which is a street car that will see a couple track days...but not too much...keep in mind street car

Idea 1. Get the vortech ice box or whatever, put the battery in the trunk.
Down sides, vortech is smaller compared to idea # 2, umm more $$ for battery relocation kit
cost $400-$500 total

Idea 2. 5 gallon fuel cell in truck, run hose from truck to engine bay
Down sides, 5 gal of coolant in my truck :( , Possibly hit something in the road and nail a intercooler line under the ride, Gaining acess to my space tire
cost $250-350

Idea 3. Get a p-fab tank,
Down sides, waste $200 which I think could be spent better, have a big ulgy box sitting uneven in the engine bay....Yea really dont like this idea
cost $200

Idea 4. Again this includes idea 3 with a p-fab tank, wire up the cobra 3 ways from sunday with aftermarket H/E fans, Bigger pump, Custom switch/timer or something :dunno: to run the pump after the car is off.
Down sides, That damn p-shit tank again ( I really don't know why I hate them so much), cost, having the cobra wired up for the extra fans and junk.
Cost $500-$700 :dunno:

What do you guys all think...im open to all ideaers...or am I just thinking too much and should just drive the damn thing :crying:

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Just get this one with the mini battery

Attachments

• intercoolertank0017jr.jpg
    intercoolertank0017jr.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Intercoolertank-kristensshower086.jpg
    Intercoolertank-kristensshower086.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 15

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
hj16 said:
Huh? The IC system has nothing to do with operating temps, that shit could be 35 degrees and it wouldnt matter.

I meant the operating temp of the I/C system.Thats the point I was trying to make Hank, that the added capacity of an aftermarket tank (which is what he was talking about doing) would do nothing. Once it heats up on the street, thats where its gonna stay. Unless he wants to add a little ice at every stop light. Or get some fans.

Jees I guess I should stay off here........noone ever takes anything I say the way I meant it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
dun4791 said:
I meant the operating temp of the I/C system.Thats the point I was trying to make Hank, that the added capacity of an aftermarket tank (which is what he was talking about doing) would do nothing. Once it heats up on the street, thats where its gonna stay. Unless he wants to add a little ice at every stop light. Or get some fans.

Jees I guess I should stay off here........noone ever takes anything I say the way I meant it.

Don't be a baby every time someone disagrees with you. :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info