• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Charcoal Canister Delete?

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
got something against clean air?

emissions control issues will throw codes before engine management issues will. its the whole reason obd2 exists.

im sure you can turn all that off in a tune. if you can turn egr off, which you can, im sure its just as easy to turn off evaporative emission control.

or you could put a piece of electrical tape over the SES light

the car might not run right with that subsystem removed now that i think about it. as far as i know thats the vent for the fuel system now that caps are no longer vented. i suppose if you changed to a vented gas cap it would be a non-issue.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
well, we could move it or replace it with one of a different size and shape.

as far as i know, its just a plastic tub of activated charcoal, and a gauze filter. its meant to neutralize the vapors vented from the gas tank and when we fuel up at the gas pump.

pretty much every car made in the last 25 years has one. surely we can adapt something from another application.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info