• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

any 03 cobra want to help out CPE?

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
CPE is looking for a car to finish the TT setup on. Everything is made (and has been for a long time now) except the piping from the turbos to the intercooler. Here is what he is looking for...

any car with the following...

-aftermarket k member
-a do it yourselfer who has 03 cobra knowledge
-someone who can work on the car (do their own k member, intake, fuel stuff like injectors, etc (no big deal for most)
-someone who wants a lot of power
-someone who wants it done right and not rushed like I did with my car (my fault)

if you fit the criteria or wish to buy parts in order to fit the criteria, please call me at 630-768-0761 for more details including pricing and time frame.

It is the shortest hotside piping and the easiest installed turbo system that will be offered for a mustang and offers possibly the largest front mount intercooler, and twin 57mm turbos for the entry kit. Youll be looking at spending probably only $4,000 range :eek:

*********If you even ask who CPE is or dont know the quality of work that he does... I dont even want you to ask about it.**********
but for non cobra owners, here is an example of his TT Viper kit
615rwhp-650tq on 4psi, stock motor
yellowrt-1.jpg

cpe-1.jpg

built motor on low boost
cpedyno-1.jpg

another TT viper with an auto with the filters for the turbos through the bumper
cpe2.jpg

1278_RWHP_good_resolution_MEDIUM.jpg

stock motord viper with tiny turbos at 5.75psi
viper3.jpg

5psi-1.jpg

03 cobra single turbo kit with a gt47-80 turbo
Gregturbo1.jpg

newpics024.jpg

only 12psi still untuned
Dynograph.gif

The shop is located in the chicagoland area.

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
even if someone with an aftermarket k member just wants to let him finish maching up the kit. It will take less than a week, possibly just a weekend and cost absolutely nothing (until they see how badass it is and want to keep it, lol)

Im leaving town in a few hours to go to colorado for a week so if anyone has questions, please call my cell phone at 630-768-0761 anytime

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
10th03cobra said:
I am took broke and no aftermarket K member.

Plus I lika da twin screws :biggthump

Hmm its almost worth it to just out and buy a K member, slap it on the car and say. I got one for ya. Twin screws are great for DD. But with a TT set up you get: Way more power potential, The car stands out above the rest even more, oh and i forgot to mention more headaches. Everyone i've heard of or talked to with a TT stang says it a PITA.

Still would be nice though.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
CobraChris08 said:
Hmm its almost worth it to just out and buy a K member, slap it on the car and say. I got one for ya. Twin screws are great for DD. But with a TT set up you get: Way more power potential, The car stands out above the rest even more, oh and i forgot to mention more headaches. Everyone i've heard of or talked to with a TT stang says it a PITA.

Still would be nice though.

Word, maybe one of these days...

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Cobra Jack said:
Theoretically about how much will this cost me?

and subtract about $3,250 ($2,800 for my whipple and $250 for my lower pulley, $200 idlers)
$4000-$3250 = $750 + $1000-1500 for intangibles (Kmember being #1) would be reasonable IMO

FYI - The Turbos are mounted underneath the car, hence the rediculously short hot side

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
hj16 said:
$4000-$3250 = $750 + $1000-1500 for intangibles (Kmember being #1) would be reasonable IMO

FYI - The Turbos are mounted underneath the car, hence the rediculously short hot side

Not questioning your or anything. BUT. Are you sure. Do they mount them in front of the engine right behind where the radiator and coolant tank would be? I only ask because i have seen both. That kind like the one from speed inc and the ones where they sit right behind the front fenders. I'm just curious. I'm not familiar with CPE's set ups. Also what does "Short Hot Side" mean.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
CobraChris08 said:
Not questioning your or anything. BUT. Are you sure. Do they mount them in front of the engine right behind where the radiator and coolant tank would be? I only ask because i have seen both. That kind like the one from speed inc and the ones where they sit right behind the front fenders. I'm just curious. I'm not familiar with CPE's set ups. Also what does "Short Hot Side" mean.
Im 100% positive, I have the pictures on my computer. "Short Hot Side" refers to the length of the exhaust piping from the exhaust ports to the Turbo. On the CPE kit its about a foot, whereas Hellions is about 15ft

If you want to know (or see) exactly where they are mounted you need to PM Eric (SVTdubs)... I was asked not to be specific or spread the photos.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
hj16 said:
Im 100% positive, I have the pictures on my computer. "Short Hot Side" refers to the length of the exhaust piping from the exhaust ports to the Turbo. On the CPE kit its about a foot, whereas Hellions is about 15ft

If you want to know (or see) exactly where they are mounted you need to PM Eric (SVTdubs)... I was asked not to be specific or spread the photos.

O i c. 15 feet! That's insane. Thanks

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
the turbos are similar to the other viper setups, not front mount but not technically UNDER the car. Hank, post pics and die.

Eddie, dont go talking shit about speed inc biach

cobrajack, the price would be well worth it and i guarentee the car will run 10's on those 18's all day long...

to someone who has a kb/whipple, this is one hell of a deal since you can sell your blower for almost half of the kit itself. All you need is a k-member... anyone

if anyone wants to see pics... bring the car to cpe, put the kit on the car and take pics :biggthump

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
If this was in two months I'd be more interested. I'm not gonna lie to you Eric, I'm scared of "extra" parts or costs that might be incurred while my car's in pieces. If he could guarantee there won't be exhorbitant increases in price while the cars undriveable, I would do it. If I'm gonna be a rolling business card for this guy, I'd like to know he would cover some costs if he screws something up.

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
the cost is 4k even. You get the 01 intake and k member along with those misc parts that is on the hellion list and that is it. It totaled $330 brand new from ford for the misc parts, then you can find an 01 upper/lower intake for a few hundred bucks.

The thing about covering things, is the fault is not always certain. My car blew up, but why? Was it because James' tune was in the 13's a/f on the last run, was it because i told paolo to drive it home and we we didnt know we werent supposed to because closed loop wasnt tuned yet, was it because I put the 02's in the wrong spot, or was it because the a/f sensor was off and it was leaner than it should have been?

But IF something happens that directly relates the turbo system to the failure except too much power (its job) then Im sure we can work something out. How do you mean, if something went wrong? Im just trying to better understand. You always have the possiblity of blowing your motor, your kb'd motor could blow tomorrow, but if the blower seizes and it hurts your motor then yeah, its understandable. If the turbos blew and it blew your motor, for sure that would be cause for something to happen through CPE or precision. Let me know what you mean by "if something happened"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info