• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Clicking from rear end

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Nov 9, 2004
woodridge
I bought a replacement cobra, When I was looking at it the owner said the only thing wrong is that the rear end pops. However after driving it, it doesnt seem like a pop but more of a clicking just from the right rear wheel. I have not really looked into it but was wonder if anyone had something like this. Thanks for any help... Tom O and it only started to happen after him and his friend installed an IRS Brace. thanks again

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
because after they put the brace on they took the car out and beat on it.

i suspect its the outer cv joint dying, or less likely, the splines between the hub and the outer stub shaft of the axle.

the axle is only serviced as an assembly. if you'e replacing the hub, you might as well put a wheel bearing on that corner too. i also recommend a new retaining nut.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list