• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Is there any way to hook up a NON-iPod mp3 player to my 03 Cobra?

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
the PIE cable is just a protocol converter and breakout box with rca jacks. use a 1/8" stereo headphone jack -> rca cord.

the head unit thinks its a trunk mounted changer.

the '03 cars are easy. the '04 cars have a different head unit.

SonicBlur said:
I have been looking for something to hook up my MP3 player to my stock Mach 460 head unit and I'm not having much luck. Carl said that some 6-disc in-dash player won't except an aux. media player. How can I know for sure if mine will work? I don't want an FM transmitter, because they suck. Any help is appreciated!!

-Mike

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
I am pretty sure it will work fine for you since you have an 03... but I have heard a couple guys with 03s say it wouldn't work for them...

only way to know for sure it pull your head unit out (takes 5 minutes working slow) and see if there a jack for a 20 pin square harness... thats where you plug in the aux unit, then plug stock harness into the aux unit... the 04s apparently don't have this harness.

not the best pics but here are the install instructions:
frdn_aux_diag.gif

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I just tried to install this and it doesn't work. I have a 2003 Cobra so it should work It's the PIE PART# FRDN-AUX. Whenever I try to swtich to the MP3 player, it just says NO CD. The harness that is suppled does perfectly fit, however. Also, I didn't ground the black w/ green wire to the stereo like it says on the diagram, I used a chassis ground, could this be my problem?

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SonicBlur
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list