• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Paint or not to paint?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
I have a 2000 cobra R carbon fiber Hood that I have had on for a year or so and Its still looks like good except for some sort of white spots near the vents.Seems to be on top of the matting? They were not there when I bought this hood.

Q..Paint hood or leave as is?

One idea I have is to paint everything but leave the rasied section/ louvers/vents and raised snorkel section leading to the louvers as CF.

Q....
Anyone good with "photoshop" so they can paint the hood red but leave the raised section CF?

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/cobravenom99/99 cobra/112_1239.jpg

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
you could do a 2 tone but I would clear coat the carbon fiber area anyway :biggthump

something like a did on Carmens hood
CarmensFocusHoodAFTER.jpg

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Yea I figured that the replys would be a bit mixed.

I am leaning twords the painting though since I have already had it on for 2 years. I do get alot of looks with the CF hood but its time for a change. I think I will try and shoot the entire hood except the rasied venting section and see what that looks like. Freaking red paint is so dam expensive though :(

And since I have a few small chips on the front nose I think when I get back from Florida I will shoot it and hope for the best :biggthump I will post up a pic when I return with the car after the road trip on August.

Susie...
I never painted a CF surface before, looks like a normal clear coating but is there anything I should do differently?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info